We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Maz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Black Hawk
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Moving to Maz

We plan to move to Maz in November for several months. While we have flown into town many times we have never driven. Read lots of reviews about the Do's and Don'ts but I want to confirm a few things with those sage travelers as I make final plans and gather up pesos. ..

- going thru the commercial entrance outside Nogales, we need to stop for our tourist visas etc... I suppose there is a cost for this. How much per person?

- I have read we put a deposit on a credit card for our vehicle decal. It's $300-400?

- no fees for the two dogs we are bringing in (but will have their health certs)

- budgeting $75 for tolls roads

- budgeting $100 for the hotel in Navajoa

What have I missed? I have Mx car insurance covered. And will have a budget for gas and food obviously.

All $ noted are USD but will convert to pesos...

Many thanks..... Jerry n Danyiel

Onca Explorations
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Mazatlan Frank
Sightseeing Tours
Viking's Fleet
Sightseeing Tours
J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,346 posts
1,219 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Moving to Maz

You may want to join the yahoo group called mazinfo. Most of the people who belong to this group actually live in Mazatlan most or part of the year.

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
12. Re: Moving to Maz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 05, 2014