We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

We're looking at Puerto Bonito or Bonito Emerald for up comoing vacation, having never been to the are before wonder peoples thoughts on the resort food, are either hotels in walking distance to bars, restaurans, shopping off resort? I'm assuming both resorts are all inclusive also. Thanks for any feed back.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
839 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

The Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan would be my choice. It's a nice well kept older resort nice suites, a nice pool and easy access to a very nice swimmable beach. There are good restaurants right in the hotel complex and several good restaurants right in the area of the hotel. Buses and pulmonias are plentiful and cheap and will take you anywhere you want to go in a few minutes.

Just my opinion.

Edited: 9:51 am, September 25, 2013
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

Well said, K-man--on both threads...

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

trip is totally planned Feb 5-15, from Milw to Mazatlan via Dallas, no direct flights. But we head south and hope to find all the great weather. We decided on PB Maz and from feed back and other things I'm reading this is a good choice, nice resort, good food, nice beach, and outside the resort things in walking distance, just what we want. Summer activities slowing down here in Wis, so we're already getting pumped for this vacation, love Mexico and will be nice trying a new area.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

We're looking at booking a trip to Mazatlan for Spring Break next year It would be the first week of April and we have kids ages 11 and 7. I'm looking for recommendations for a resort that would have plenty of activities for the kids and where I would feel safe sending them to those activities. What would you recommend?

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

PB Maz, Inn at Mazatlan and Costa de Oro may fit what you're looking for.

16. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:28 am, March 29, 2015
Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
805 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

Cindy039 - You may also want to take a look at El Cid El Moro, they have many kid oriented activities both poolside and special kids and teens activity rooms. Visit www.elcid.com/ and view the El Moro site. Actually I think you'll find almost all of the beach resorts are very "kid friendly"

Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

The El Cid El Moro or Castilla is very kid friendly with lots of activities and two pools with a climbing/jumping rock and slide. I didn't suggest it though cuz I really didn't enjoy our time there (twice). The accommodations were substandard. Although some rooms are renovated, I couldn't tell whether ours was or not! And the food is terrible! Having said that, many people on this forum like the El Cid.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

I would be one that loves the El Cid El Moro. Yes some of the rooms are a little dated but overall this place rocks. Many of the hotels have rooms that are somewhat dated, as the man said I prefer to refer to them as rustic.I'll be there for 11 nights in April and have stayed in the suites at Moro for years.

20. Re: Planning stages of first trip to Mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, November 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan