We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pbmaz and pbeb question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
pbmaz and pbeb question

I am an owner at PBEB but I was not able to secure a week for my current trip so I booked PBMaz through RCI. I know that if I'm booked into PBEB that I have access to PBMaz amenities but I dont know if the reverse is true even though I am an owner there. Anyone ever done this???

Thanks in advance!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

Yes, if you're staying at PBMaz you can also access the facilities at PBEB.

Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

Just curious, was PBEB booked full? I'm an owner there, too.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
60 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

Hard to believe it is booked full. A salesman told my brother-in-law they were at 51% occupancy when we were there in early February. I have found their replies to reservation emails is slower than molasses in a Minnesota January. I had to send several emails before receiving a confirmation. I was disappointed in their service in that respect.

Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

sfaunt1 and Katy1021 ... They claimed to be booked from March 25 - April 8.

Semana santa is prime time. I made a poor choice of worrying about booking other weeks first :>( . This is the first time I've ever had any issue booking any week at PBEB even at the last minute. That said, I suspect that they will continue to squeeze as many owners in as they can. The email response has been more variable lately and turndown service has been discontinued so I suspect that like many timeshares things will slip as more and more owners are signed up. $ rule.

Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

SunSeeker37 Have you done this yourself? I've stayed at both several times but have never heard anyone talk about doing the PBMaz to PBEB trip. I LOVE PBEB's pools and spa but never thought to ask this question at PBMaz...duh.

Thanks for your response!

Chicago
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

We were at PBEB in 2011 the week before Semana Santa, and it got very crowded towards the end of the week. Extra security at the pool confiscated your towels and other belongings if you were gone for more than 10 minutes. We promised ourselves we would avoid the 3 weeks around Semana Santa since the atmosphere changed so dramatically from what drew us to PBEB in the first place.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

Yes, we stayed at PBMaz last year and went out to PBEB to enjoy the facilities.

Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

SunSeeker37 Thanks for the info!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,032 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

We have gone P.B.Maz. to P.B.E.B. several of times, the first couple trips on the shuttle you have to show your room key / card after that the driver will recognise you just get on & ride.

Gville SC
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: pbmaz and pbeb question

birdman276 Thanks. We have used the shuttle to get from PBEB many times to get to the beach but for some reason I thought that we couldn't access PBEB if we were staying at PBMaz. I REALLY like the 'spa' at PBEB so I want to be able to run out there a few times while we are there.

Again THANKS!