We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Mazatlan or Riu Emerald Bay

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Playa Mazatlan or Riu Emerald Bay

This is a similar posting to my previous one, but different hotels being considered.

Travelling in March with wife and 12 year old son.

Prices are comparable for both hotels (all inclusive).

Interested in beach, swimming, eating well and relaxing. Night life not vitally important, but would like some action.

Would like hotel where 12 year olds are catered to.

Any suggestions which would be better?

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Mazatlan or Riu Emerald Bay

The RIU is a way nicer hotel, and is totally AI, so they may be better equipped to offer better meal selections, etc. The Playa is in a better location if you want a lot of off-resort activity, but I'm not sure what their AI offerings would look like. RIU is isolated, which makes for a quiet, relaxing vacation. Very different offerings...

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Mazatlan or Riu Emerald Bay

The Playa is now AI, and is much better located for any action you may wish for. Certainly a much older hotel....the original in the Golden Zone, 1955....but very well looked after - friends just spent two weeks there and thoroughly enjoyed it. No complaints about the food offerings either, lots of variety!

The RIU, much newer, but a long way from Mazatlan. Both have excellent beaches.

I would suggest Playa, but you won't go far wrong with either.

3. Re: Playa Mazatlan or Riu Emerald Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 20, 2014