We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, ON
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

Does anyone know if the Las Villas hotel is considered in Zone 1 for taxis from the airport? In reading the airport transportation guide on this site, it mentions Stone Island as being in Zone 4, but it doesn't really make sense that Las Villas would cost more than going into the city - or does it?

Just over 3.5 weeks and anxiously counting down the days to get out of this deep freeze!

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
478 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

It's about a 10 min. ride from the airport to Estrella Del Mar, so the fare wouldn't be much. Also, I think the Las Villas has its own shuttle van. So you might contact them to see if they have free service to/from the airport.

Edited: 5:02 pm, February 11, 2013
Sudbury, ON
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

They do have a shuttle van, but charge $30 US round trip - we aren't returning to the airport from there (moving on to another hotel) - so I'd rather be more sure that I wasn't climbing into a 'shark' vehicle by taking a taxi, but I was confused by the Stone Island in Zone 4 listing.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

Andrew

The "ferry" to Stone Island is in the old town, so to get there from the airport one has to travel far--it's not just an extension to the Estrella trip.

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
478 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

I'm a bit confused on where you want to go from where. LOL

I can't imagine LV charging $30 RT to the airport; if I recall, that's what the fee is to Mazatlan.

The fare TO Las Villas from the airport should be quite minimal. BUT.. to get to Mazatlan from Las Villas or vise-versa will be at the higher taxi rate. It's actually farther from EDM than it is from the airport to Mazatlan by a couple miles.

To get to Stone Island from either the airport or Las Villas doesn't require a ferry; the road that goes to Estrella Del Mar continues on right to Stone Island. So an airport taxi can take you to either place.

Edited: 9:47 am, February 12, 2013
Sudbury, ON
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

Thanks Tony, I'm confusing myself now too :) When I looked up the airport taxi fare zones, I saw zone 4 listing Stone Island. Knowing that Las Villas was connected to Stone 'Island' (peninsula), I wondered if there was some quirk, that if you didn't go straight out to Hwy 15 from the airport, it cost more to turn onto the road that goes to Estrella Del Mar and appears to continue to the end of Stone Island - even if the journey is much shorter than to the GZ.

Regardless, we will take a taxi from the airport to Las Villas. Fewer variables that way.

6. Re: Taxi fare to Las Villas (Estrella Del Mar)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014