We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
DeForest, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Has anyone travelled to Mazatlan-RIU Emerald Bay via Apple Vacations? What was your experience? Is the Apple Rep easy to locate at the airport? Is the ride included to the resort? How long is it from the airport to the resort? Do you get your wristband and check in papers on the ride there? Is there an Apple Rep at the RIU?

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,741 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

I have not gone with Apple (usa). but have seen them with their Sign up, as you leave the aiport.

The Drive is a Long one.. approx. 3/4 hr..

DeForest, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Thanks for the info JoLee. Hopefully a bevarage on the buss for us!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,741 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

hope you do a review when you return. Enjoy...

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

In the lobby fo the hotel there is an Apple Rep. Nice resort. Have a great vacation.

DeForest, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Thanks iamlady. We are so looking forward to it. Hope the weather cooperates. Need some R&R bad.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

We travelled Easter 2012 with Apple to the RIU. At the airport, the rep is easy to spot, he is in a flowered shirt and has an Apple Vacation name tag. Make sure you keep walking past the time share people who will see the Apple luggage tag and say "yes, Apple Vacation over here", keep walking and don't make eye contact, LOL

The transfer was included and stated so on our invoice/vouchers/receipt that came from Apple. We did have to wait about twenty to thirty minutes for some other people that never did show up.

I would say it was at least a forty five minute drive. No, wristbands or check in on the bus but there was only my family getting dropped off at the RIU. No waiting in line at check in.

The rep at the hotel did have certain hours. He was located to the right of the front desk. He did help us with numerous questions and found us a good English speaking Pulmonia driver for a city tour.

Happy travels!

DeForest, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Thanks for the great information "backatit". Did you like your stay and like the resort?

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
553 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Perry, Your welcome.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,741 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Knew someone would Help out more with Apple.

Do Avoid the Sharks at the airport... No a fun way to start Your Holiday.

Do a little tipping at resort.staff works so hard.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple Vacations to RIU Emerald Bay

Perry - We really did like the resort but we've liked every resort we have stayed. We are easy to please. My 12 year old played in many of the activities with the Mexican families and they and the resort staff always included us. That said, I wished we spoke Spanish to catch all the funny banter between families and the resort staff. Trying to carry on conversations with my limited Spanish for a week was a lot of work. So, I did sometimes feel like a wallflower.

I was impressed with how well the resort handled 100% occupancy. They set up several extra temporary bars to handle demand. All restaurants were open every night and they had afternoon snack and ice cream set up outside the restaurant area.

They did not have the duplex room that we paid for so they put us in two regular rooms which caused me a little anxiety to have my 16 and 12 year old across the hall. They said they could move us in a few days but by that time I was not going to pack everyone up again. After so many resorts, I know there is very limited authority on what the front desk staff and managers can do. When I got home I wrote a letter to Apple Vacattions stating that duplex room was one of my main reason for picking the RIU. To my surprise, the RIU gave us two free nights for a stay at any of their hotels and Apple gave us four hundred dollars in vouchers. I thought that was great customer service and marketing since we are headed to RIU Ocho Rios this Easter.

Happy travels!