We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Palace Vacation Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Streamwood, IL
1 post
Save Topic
Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Hi! I'm new to this "forum" stuff, so please excuse any errors. In any event, we are traveling to the Pacific Palace Vacation Club in mid-November for 1 week. Does anyone know anything about it? Also, any recommendations on "things to do" would be greatly appreciated. Also, any tips on transportation to/from the airport and within Mazatlan?

Thanks alot for any additional feedback.

Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

I am also going down to the pacific palace and i would like to know how the hotel is. I cant seem to find any info on this hotel on the net.

Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

I am also going down to the pacific palace and i would like to know how the hotel is. I cant seem to find any info on this hotel on the net.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

There is a Mayan Palace, an Oceana Palace and a Luna Palace here, but I've never heard of a Pacific Palace. It might be a new name for an older hotel that has changed ownership, but if so, it's not in common usage yet.

Or it might be the name of a chain of hotels with the commonly known Mazatlan name something different. This is like the Mayan Palace (a chain), often referred to as Sea Garden (the name of several hotels in the chain), but mostly known in Mazatlan as Vidafel (which might or might not have been the name before it became part of the chain). This hotel name thing can get confusing.

Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Thanks for the reply,

From what I have gathered I am starting to think it goes by another name as well. I purchased a timeshare there at an amazing price that I coulden't pass up so I made a leap.

As I believe it is owned by the same people that own the oceano and luna palace, and my agent mentioned that reservation system is being transfered between two companies at the moment. But im not sure if that is just for booking purposes or if the resort itself was sold.

I believe that this hotel should be located on the beach between the Oceano and Luna but I have only seen it on one map.

Where is the Mayan palace located?

Thanks

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Kenny, I think that Oceana Palace and Luna Palace are right next to each other, but I could be wrong. Mayan Palace is wayyyyyyyy north, a few miles, almost to Playa Bruja and Cerritos.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Mazbook is correct. Oceano Palace and Luna Palace are only a block apart with only a few small condos in between. Are you sure the name is correct? It could well be a new name for something. If I have this correct, you bought a time share, sight unseen, in a place you have never heard of and do not know where it is? Isn't that a bit of a gamble?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

According to the map on Henry Laxen's website, the Pacific Palace is located between the Oceano Palace and La Costa Marinera. It could be that it is one of those little places over the stores across the street from Heather's Place?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

That could be. There is a place in the 3 story building right in front that has a store on the bottom and apts. above. Right on Camaron Sabalo.

Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Thank you for the replies. Yes I know it is a gamble but it only cost 100 dollars to buy a floating week in an rci affiliated resort so the way i looked atit if i didnt like the resort i can always transfer out to something else.

According to rci's resort directory the picture looks like a 6 story white building but who knows if the picture is accurate. lol

check the pic out here

www.rci.com/RCIW/RCIW_index…

so if anyone has any other input it would be greatly appreaceated.

thanks

kenny

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pacific Palace Vacation Club

Hello travel1979,

I just took a look at you hotel and yep it is the Oceano Palace. You can view the hotel on this web site.