We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free tennis downtown?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
free tennis downtown?

I have heard that there is a place to play tennis downtown that is pretty nice and also free? Is this true? Where is it and when do people gather? I'm a 3.5 player looking for other players.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free tennis downtown?

If by "downtown" you mean El Centro, not familiar with any tennis. There are several in the Gold Zone and north from there, but all that we are familiar with charge a fee or require you to be staying there. BTW, the fees are quite reasonable where they are charged.

Santo Domingo
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free tennis downtown?

Hola,

I will be in MZT from Jan 30 to March 1 and will be looking for partners to play. Maybe we can get together ?

For info on tennis in MZT do a " Tennis in Mazatlan " search in this forum and you will see the replies I got back two weeks ago. Cheers.

Patrice V.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free tennis downtown?

I cannot imagine any place in centro having tennis.

Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free tennis downtown?

I think you are right--it was near the Golden Zone.. When and where is it and how much does it cost?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free tennis downtown?

There are several places in the Gold Zone. El Cid, Gaviotas Raquet Club, La Marina on the north side of the marina, Costa de Oro used to have some but not sure any longer.

6. Re: free tennis downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 27, 2014