We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
478 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

Looking at El Cid Castilla's or the Marina, OR Puelbo Bonito Emerald Bay? I am aware and understand where they're locations are thanks to reading this forum. Just unsure which to pick??? I like the stay and play features of these hotels. Just adults traveling on this trip. The Marina has the #1 rating - is it that good?

Does the marina have an animation team? are there activities going on for adults? Do they all have animation teams?

Going AI (its just as cheap) so Do you order from menu's and sign for things or is it buffet for lunch and breakfast at the marina?

Looking for a good fun vibe resort with good food and good drink with nice amenities/rooms. Do any of these fit that bill?

Any extra info on these 3 greatly appreciated, they are all fairly close in price (Castilla the cheapest).

Thanks

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

Everything being equal ( or close to equal ) I would choose Pueblo Bonito Emearld Bay they have the best A I plan in all of Mazatlan, with their A I you can venture into Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan to enjoy drinks snacks & meals also.

Don't know about the animation team but do know there is pool & beach volleyball, soccer, ping pong, & lots of other activities around the pool about 8 hours per day.

Second choice would be El Cid Marina, nice grounds, views, & pools but the food leaves a lot & I do mean a lot to be desired.

The other El Cids I would leave to someone else, not a lot to brag about there IMHO.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

We have stayed at PBEB many times & use the shuttle to get to the north end of the golden zone, they drop you off at PB Maz. & from there you can walk to many nice shop,s bars, ect.

The beach at PB Maz. is very nice & seldom crowded you can stop in for a drink at the swim up bar which is located in a sort of cave setting with a bar & tables to sit at for those that are not in the pool or go to Cilantros for a snack, lunch, or dinner.

Both resorts have beautiful spacious grounds with very nice pools.

The shuttle leaves one or the other rsort every hour & there are a couple extra runs during the dinner hours to make sure everybody gets to their destiations.

El Cid Marina is actualy a little north of what would be considered the golden zone with vans that take guests to El Cid Castillo / Morro on demand. Like PBEB there are a lot of activities around the polls during the day. They have very nice spacious grounds nice pools & very nice views from all the rooms.

As I said the food is nothing to write home about & unless the AI were free I would not choose it at any of the El Cid Resorts.

The Castillo is high rise on a postage stamp sized property

when we have visited friends there the pools, bars, ect were crowded most of the time.

Edited: 1:31 pm, January 20, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

We have stayed at PBEB (and PB Maz) as well as El Cid Castilla and visited the Marina. Like birdman, I would probably recommend PBEB. I love this resort! The only reason I don't return there is the location. I would not recommend the Castilla, particularly for an adults only trip. The ambiance of the PBEB and the Marina is just so much nicer, elegant and higher end than the Castilla. We were AI at the Castilla and never ate there - it was so bad. The food at the Marina is very good and I absolutely loved the food and drinks at PBEB. We had many great meals there and enjoyed the ability to take the shuttle to PB Maz and eat there or pick up a free drink and then wander the Golden Zone. The rooms at the Castilla were terrible and did not look like the pics on their website. The beds were flat and hard and the linens were gross. The chairs in the room were stained. The rooms, the pools, everything at PBEB is beautiful. The Marina is a much quieter and sophisticated atmosphere than the Castilla. PBEB does not have a nightclub but does have a nice lounge in the evenings that is included in your AI (after 5 or 6 pm).

If you have any other questions that we can help you with let us know and let us know what you decide!

4. Re: Mazatlan resort choice? ..any input ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 22, 2014