We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
weather

hows the weather

is it finally getting better ?

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
21. Re: weather

According to the Wunderground links the high temps for Sunday Jan. 20 were:

MZT Airport 78.8F

Lido 72.6F

Lido is 100 feet above sea level on Ice Box Hill.

That being said, no one knows what kind of temp sensor they have or where it is located. The hobby weather reporter at Lido doesn't indicate what kind of hardware he is using. The US National Weather Service doesn't recognize the airport reading as official.

Playa Escondido hobby station has not been functioning for some time.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
3 reviews
22. Re: weather

Thank you Bob for confirmation of sorts on the Sunday temperatures!

Today my thermometer in a very well-ventilated shady spot actually hit 77 deg F today, a big improvement over the last few days. So come on down all you travellers, it's getting warm!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
23. Re: weather

Great information, AquaMaz. Very interesting!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
24. Re: weather

AquaMaz,your information is very informative,keep it coming.

(could you give a more indepth insight on how you feel el nino will impact weather this year?)

Neils,keep those tempurature readings coming !!

Salute to the sunshine.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
18 reviews
25. Re: weather

It's convertible time again! Actually, I can drive my convertible almost every day here. Even in the summer because our rains, while intense, last only an hour or so.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
210 reviews
26. Re: weather

Ok, now I'm just downright jealous falconroger!

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
27. Re: weather

"AquaMaz,your information is very informative,keep it coming.

(could you give a more indepth insight on how you feel el nino will impact weather this year?)"

I'm trying to get to a weather report done which coincidentally, will feature two components for the upcoming weather that very directly relate to El Nino. I'll expand that section of the report more fully, and hopefully answer your question.

Edited: 7:24 pm, January 22, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Level Contributor
23 posts
28. Re: weather

Can anyone give us a fair idea of how cool it is in Mazatlan right now and for how long it may last, as we are packing to leave tomorrow for Paradise, but unsure of how much warm clothing we will need, but for sure it will be alot warmer then here in Winterpeg, mb it is -27 with a winchill of -41 right now...lol.

Thanks for any info.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
3 reviews
29. Re: weather

A sweater or jacket to keep the evening breezes out will usually suffice.

30. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 02, 2014