We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Agenda

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Topic
Agenda

Plan to relax, and if I get the energy 1) pulmonia tour olas atlas and old Mazatlan, church, market. 2) cliff divers and lighthouse (same area? Anyone know when to catch the divers?) 3) check out el Cid Marina and if I am thinking correctly there is another marina north? Is that right? Prob do on the way to Mr. Lionsos. 4) golf el cid 5) bucket of beers at Joes Oyster bar of course 6) haven't heard back on Pacifico Brewery tour..will see 7) is the rock band at Twisted Mamas Sat night and Tues night good? What else night life is good for your at hear 40 year olds? Gus Y Gus? Other? 8) never been to Stone Island, may check it out. Any other things I cannot not miss? Wow doesn't sound relaxing. LOL

wisconsin
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Agenda

AguaMaz-what is special about going to Stone Island? Is there something special to see/do? Is the best way to get there the ferry or with a tour group? Is there a good day to go there?

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Agenda

ds, I'll try to give the Cliffs Notes answer to the question with bullet points. However I really suggest you do a search on this forum. You'll find tons of threads / posts about Stone Island.

1. This time of year it can be breezy at times, coming in out of the North. Stone Island faces way, way around to the South. People lay out over there and get a great tan, when the Golden Zone is uncomfortably cool in a bathing suit

2. The beach is very wide and ridiculously long. Very quickly as you get away from the main area, there is nothing but water on one side and a large coconut plantation on the other

3. Typically you can take horse rides and / or rent an ATV and go down the beach for a very peaceful ride. Within a couple minutes you'll feel like you're the only person in the world on a deserted beach

4. Near the beginning of Stone Island (which is not actually an island) there is a string of very casual and very good restaurants. Lots of great food, ocean views quite different from what you normally see, and you can have your meal at a table right on the sand if you like

5. I'll end by saying Stone Island's most inviting feature to me is that it's so close and easily accessible, at the same time it's so peaceful and like stepping back at least 50 years in time

On the other question I don't know anything about tours, and any day is fine for Stone Island. However I'd suggest Sunday as the best.

Edited: 11:21 pm, January 18, 2013
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Agenda

1) pulmonia tour olas atlas and old Mazatlan, church, market.

I would change this part a bit since the cliff divers are at the north of Olas Altas Bay. They dive at high tides mostly. Pretty dangerous any other time. Pretty dangerous ANY time! They are there in the mornings around 10 a.m. usually. and evenings around 6 p.m. ALWAYS on Sat and Sun evenings.

2) cliff divers and lighthouse (same area? Anyone know when to catch the divers?)

Clavidistas noted above. The light house is about a mile or so south

. A pulmonia will get you to the base, but the walk up can be.....strenous.

3) check out el Cid Marina and if I am thinking correctly there is another marina north?

There ARE 3 marinas, but all on the came body of water. It is fun to stroll along the boardwalk there and check out the bgoat's and especially their names! A couple places right there to sit and rest and imbibe for a while.

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Agenda

Don't miss the beach party at Diego's on Tuesdays!

On Saturday and Sunday nites El Root Cafe (across from Gus y Gus) has music and quite a crowd. One night is Reggae and the other is Jazz.

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Agenda

Figured it out....link worked on laptop, not ipad

16. Re: Agenda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 21, 2014