We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

bull fights

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montana
7 posts
1 review
bull fights

will there be a bull fight during carnival

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
1. Re: bull fights

Though there USUALLY is, it hasn't been announced yet (and probably won't be until just a few DAYS before it happens.)

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
2. Re: bull fights

The Carnaval Bullfight is announced for Feb. 11

mazmessenger.com/2013/…

Montana
7 posts
1 review
3. Re: bull fights

Grascis cabanabob

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
196 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: bull fights

I've never been to one. Anyone want to fill me in on the experience? I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

Thanks in advance.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: bull fights

I wish I could be there to see it. It looks like the only time they do a bullfight anymore is during carnaval so maybe next year.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: bull fights

My wife just HAD to go. Once. She will never do it again I guarantee. Very bloody.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: bull fights

6 of us went to a bull fight several years ago, we all agree we wish we hadn't gone, & will never go to one again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: bull fights

My husband and I went to one about 15 years ago in Puerto Vallarta, four bulls in total were killed.

It did not bother me that much, I have to say.

but then again I was raised on a farm, have hunted, and also worked at an abbatoir/meat packing plant on the kill floor as a summer job one year. Believe me, the abbatoir was worse and the animals suffer more than at a bullfight.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: bull fights

Ah at last an informed voice. Everyone else is obviously a vegan! LOL

I know the bullfights I saw in Spain they donated the meat to the poor and I'm sure that the Mexican bullfights don't waste the meat either. I consider it a beautiful part of the Spanish/Mexican culture. It's a classic battle of man against beast and the pagentry is something to behold. I also have toured more than one slaughterhouse and these animals are treated far better than common stock.

Edited: 12:40 pm, January 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
11,696 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: bull fights

They also don't suffer for too long. After the second to last 'pic', the final spinal cord severing stab usually comes quite quickly.

Think of it as a slaughterhouse... but with more ritual.

yes, the meat is donated to the poor.Or at least that is what I have read.