We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ann arbor
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

So I am thinking of these 2 now----PB Maz seems much bigger so are the pools much nicer? Does it have a large resort feel that would mean long walk to the beach? My husband likes big pools. I understand they both have good beaches and are next to each other. Luna seems to have trees . What about the eating places? Which would have rooms with better views of the ocean---straight on oceanfront. PB Maz seems a little big to me. Also when they talk of Gold Zone arent all ot the hotels in this zone along the beach?

thanks you all are great!!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
590 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

PBMaz. is bigger than Luna but probably not so much that you would consider it a large resort. All rooms have ocean views and all are very clean and accomidating. It is an older resort but our favorite. We have been coming to Maz. since l983 and have stayed at various places. We love PBMaz. The beach is right by the resort and the best beach for swimming. We haven't eaten at Luna but the rests. at PB are very good. As well as all of the ones in the area. Come and enjoy !!!!

Saint Cloud...
Level Contributor
558 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

I love big pools so we are staying at el CID Castilla.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

Other than the price there is no comparison between the two, P.B. Maz hands down.

Nicer grounds & rooms, better restuarants, & larger pools.

chicago
Level Contributor
92 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

If you like the bigger pools and want to eat on site, I'd go with PB Maz. I have timeshare @ Luna, and love staying there, but we never eat there. Not great and a bit pricey. There are waaay too many great restaurants in the area so my husband and I go always go out to eat. Not a long walk to beach @ PB Maz.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
791 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

We stayed at the Luna last March. It was a comfortable stay. We had a 1 bedroom suite with an ocean view. Aside from an incident with their 1 elevator we very much enjoyed the Luna. The staff were fabulous.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,457 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

Soooo...I guess you can't go wrong at either place. And they are so close you could stay in Luna and eat at the restaurants in PB Mazatlan.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

mazexp has it right! Although I have never stayed at PBMaz, I'm thinking that the recent rennovations at Luna Palace have tipped the scale toward them since others have experienced it.

While I am the last person to rely on TA hotel ratings - I just don't understand some of the ratings - Luna Palace is number 4, and PBMaz number 15, both excellent in a field of 75.

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

Our preference is PBMaz, and it's not close. Both have virtually the same beach, so that's not a real consideration. But the rooms are way better at the PBMaz - all face one of the pools (2) and have an ocean view as well. It also has three very good restaurants and a good deli/ministore. It's a low rise so elevators are not a factor as they can be in Luna. Not to put down the Luna, but the PB is just a classier place based on our stays. (all in oho of course)

ann arbor
Level Contributor
273 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

Well thanks for all the input-----I see in the last post a reference was made to elevators----does PB Maz have only stairs as it looks like it has several floors even if its a low rise and my husband cant do stairs so this be may an important factor----thanks

Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
478 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luna Palace verses Publeo Bonita Maz

PB has a bunch of elevators. We stay In the newer section with four floors and two elevators side by side. Rarely takes more than a minute to catch a ride. I'm not positive since we've only stayed in the older section once, but I believe ther are at least two and possibly three elevators available there.

I've never stayed at the Luna, so can't offer a comparative opinion. BUT...we've owned a TS week at PB Maz for about 20 years and have never had any issues. Every stay has been great, and the staff is excellent. Many of them have been there for as long as we have been staying there.