We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Venados is play-offs!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,262 posts
36 reviews
Venados is play-offs!

For you baseball fans that will be in town this week, the Venados finished the second have of the season at .500 and a third place finish so qualified--on the last day. They will be playing Mexicali. Which days I'm not sure, however will let you know as news breaks...

Mazatlan or...
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
11. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Not on Friday like I posted above but on Sat. and Sunday for sure.I just bought my tickets today.

Edited: 2:15 pm, January 03, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
4 reviews
12. Re: Venados is play-offs!

When we were in Mazatlan in Jan. of 2011, they were in the playoffs. PB was going to plan a bus trip and we were really excited about going to the game. Then we were told someone dropped the ball and there were no tix available. Can anyone tell me if they will be playing next week? The schedule only goes through Dec.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
13. Re: Venados is play-offs!

You are correct. The Calendario does not show the playoff games.

You have to go on the Venados site day by day to see what is happening. Look near to top left of the home page.

http://venadosdemazatlan.com/

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
14. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Oops, the Venados lost their 2nd game too. So the game tonight in Mazatlan is do or die, as this round of the playoffs are the first to win 3 games out of five. The third game is tonight, so if you've been waiting to see a Venados game this year it may be your last chance.

Mazatlan or...
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
15. Re: Venados is play-offs!

I think it's the best of 7 because I have my tickets for Sat. and Sunday.If they win 1 of the next 2 games then there will be a third game here.

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
3 reviews
16. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Supporters of the Venados must be feeling a little like Toronto sports fans right now!!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
210 reviews
17. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Just heard from friends in Mazatlan that the Venados won 4-0 last night!

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
18. Re: Venados is play-offs!

After a scoreless game until the bottom of the ninth inning Mazatlan wins 1-0.

Series now tied 2-2.

Game 5 tomorrow, Monday Jan. 7

Edited: 12:20 am, January 07, 2013
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
19. Re: Venados is play-offs!

hank I'm pretty sure it's best out of five, not seven. You're probably assuming a typical playoff schedule with the first two games hosted by the higher seed, the next two at the lower seed's park, then back to the high seed again for the final and deciding game. If Mazatlan is indeed host for the deciding game I'm assuming that would be to keep travel costs down.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,695 posts
25 reviews
20. Re: Venados is play-offs!

The stadium must be rocking !!!