We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Balboa Club

We understand the Towers may be kaput, however, been trying to reach the Club (the old, original property) to book a couple weeks and none of the long used numbers work. Might someone in MZT take a look or ? and advise? Getting nervous...

Gracias!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Balboa Club

Sure wouldn't want to be around Royal Villas if something gets built. It was bad enough in 2011 when they were pretending to do renos at the Balboa, workers made a lot of noise and dust...did zilch but smoke and stare in our window!

Edited: 5:21 pm, December 10, 2012
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Balboa Club

Odd......when I drove by this morning there were a lot of cars in the parking lot of the tower.

El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Balboa Club

thanks Roger for the info. please keep us apprised here on the situation. Until we know something, can't make flight reservations, let alone get time off work for a trip. Was nice having Plaza Machado lunch with you last time we were there-- good burgers!

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Balboa Club

Frog,

I don't know if it was from the tower or the beachfront units. Apparently though, it was very nice, high quality stuff.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Balboa Club

thanks Gillian...must of been the new items from the towers.....the club was a little rundown, but still muchly loved

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Balboa Club

We to WERE TS owners. We are in town now (Jan '13). I'll try to get photos and post. We have no idea how to contact anyone who would know anything.

El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Balboa Club

Phyllis, anything you may see/learn there is appreciated. Wonder if access to club from beach is possible for a walk-around? Photos, report appreciated. i can offer other details off forum. my e mail

washoelaw at gmail dot com

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Balboa Club

I took pics this morning, emailed to the address, but it came back. Not much to take pictures of besides the padlocks. No people nor furniture around. Bummer, huh?

El Reno, Oklahoma...
Level Contributor
39 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Balboa Club

phyllis, got the pix, thank you. looks sad. will reply to ur email.

30. Re: Balboa Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 07, 2014