We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuesday at Diego's

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lake Mills, Iowa
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Topic
Tuesday at Diego's

Just got back from watching and dancing to Brenster at Diego's. It was far from boring as one poster said. Lots of people and a great sunset lent to a fine afternoon of music and fellowship. Can't wait till next Tuesday. In the middle of my first of 3 trips this winter (3 weeks this time) and finding Mazatlan the same beautiful city as I left last spring.

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

Thank you for this! Diego's and Brenster are a particular experience worth going to at least once.

Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

The person posting that it was boring did so because as she said, her sister is now in charge of jungle juice (still standing?) and thought that negative comments about other places might help her win some costumers...which I doubt is the correct strategy...

Brenster pours his heart out every Tuesday and that's why it's always packed. By the way he added many new songs this season...

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

restoper,

Please don't assume my reasons for posting anything. I couldn't care less about Jungle Juice as I have only been there once to see my sister.

Diegos may well be packed but the owners want to attract a younger crowd and starting on December 1 of this year ( 2 days ) one of two new bands will start playing there.

BTW.....This information was provided to me by the management of Diegos.

One persons definition of boring will differ from another, so please respect my right to post MY opinions.

Thank you,

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

This is all rather odd. Did Brent Mcathy or someone at Diego's do or say something that was taken as an affront?

Diego has spent a lot of money and gone to great lengths to make his restaurant even more appealing for his past customers, and to attract new ones. Times and people move on, so every business needs to grow their customer base. I wrote previously about Diego upgrading the facilities, and now they're trying to bring in more entertainment.

Since Brenster only plays one night during the week, it only stands to reason other bands might play at Diego's on the remaining six days. If any of those musicians might attract a younger group than than the great crowd that comes for Brenster, it's hard to understand why would there be something wrong with that.

Calgary, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

What type of music is brenster? I'm going in jan 2012 and hope to check it out

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

He has a lot of videos on You Tube. Here's one that was filmed right on the beach in front of Diego's, with excerpts from a live performance for the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXM2qyUgs9o

Edited: 10:29 am, November 30, 2012
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
755 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

Diegos has always had other bands playing. Especially Friday and Saturday nights. This is not new. And I enjoy tuesdays at Diegos, but I don't go every week. CalGRS, Brenster plays some Jimmy Buffet like tunes and alot of Country. He also has his own music that he has wrote mainly about Mexico. If you are looking for some place on the beach to hang your hat for a few hours and have a drink or two or three, this is a great place. Very good people watching.

8. Re: Tuesday at Diego's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, December 17, 2013