We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
785 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

Does anyone know the price difference for taxi vs pulmonia? Staying at RIU probably heading to the golden zone.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

Pulmonias seem to get a slightly higher price.

Best advice. Simply take a Cerritos-Juarez bus.

They come right in front of RIU every ten minutes or so.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

do the buses go out as far as Pueblo Boninta Emerald Bay as well? I know they have the free shuttle to sister resort, but that I am sure is on a schedule. If the bus does go that far out, how often does it pass by?

Lake Minnewawa, mn
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

The busses go all the way out to Cameron Point. They run on Av. Sabalo-Cerritos.

No busses go on the Habal Road in front of PBEB.. It would be about a one-half walk out to the bus line .

wikimapia.org/…b

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

Just a note that even if the Pulmonia is slightly higher than a taxi the experience of taking in all the sites is far better from a Pulmonia than a taxi. In the 25 years I have been coming to Mazatlan I have only taken a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

I'm with tony, why ride inside a taxi when you can be in an open air pulmonia.

Busses do pass right in front of the RUI but if you are in a hurry or don't want to stop every mile or so to pick up a passenger on the bus flag a pulmonia down.

Always negotiate the price before you get in either a taxi or a pulmonia.

Saskatoon, Sk.
Level Contributor
275 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

Pulmonia rides are what makes touring around Maz a little more special than anywhere else. We chartered a driver to take us through old town, down the Malecon, a real sight seeing tour. You can ride in a cab anywhere, but you can only ride a Pulmonia in Mazatlan. Do it! you're on vacation.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

Technically, the pulmonía and taxi rates per zone are the same. Reality is that you will pay from $10 pesos to $50 pesos more for a pulmonía, depending on what the length of the ride is, i.e., how many zones it passes through, and whether or not it is later at night, more-or-less after 8 or 9 p.m..

Don't ask me about the in-city taxi zones. I've lived here for 15 years and still only have a rudimentary grasp of how many there are between el centro and the zona dorada.

Edited: 4:33 pm, August 02, 2012
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,709 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

At this time of year, people tend to choose a taxi for the air conditioning, and to stay out of the strong sun. Taxi drivers spend more on gas in summer because of the a/c, so we usually give them a little extra. They deserve it.

washington
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

by all means, the Pulmonia is the only way to travel around Mazatlan. The sounds, the smells of food cooking fills the air. The view from a Pulmonia, almost, as good as a motorcycle. One of my favorite rides is after having dinner down at Olas Altas, is the ride back along the Malecon, on a nice warm evening, guaranteed to put a smile on your face! I can hardly wait to Nov., so I can take that ride again with my arm around my sweetie.----Enjoy!

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pulmonia vs Taxi? Price difference??

"At this time of year, people tend to choose a taxi for the air conditioning, and to stay out of the strong sun. Taxi drivers spend more on gas in summer because of the a/c, so we usually give them a little extra. They deserve it."

That's a good point Mazzi. I forgot about the overwhelming heat this time of year. The Sabalo Centro air-conditioned bus from the Golden Zone to old town at only 9 pesos is an economical way to cool down also.