We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceano Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Oceano Palace

Our trip is almost here - we arrive April 23rd. I have a few questions about the Oceano Palace.

Is there wireless internet, cost, and is it in the rooms or in the lobby. If not, what is a close by place to access the internet.

Recommendations for good breakfast places nearby, casual dinner places, too.

We got the room though a Windham Vacation Club certificate. Does anyone know about this type of room - are the ocean view, do they have balconies?

Thanks for this, and any other random suggestions would be appreciated.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceano Palace

El Paraje is just a few steps north of your hotel and has an excellent inexpensive breakfast. Check out diego's restaurant--right next door on Tuesday afternoon. I think Brenster is here until the end of the month. There are other good restaurants within walking distance.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
939 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceano Palace

I liked both Chili's Pepper and Tony's for breakfast (and Chili's for dinner!). Both beachfront and next door to each other a short walk south on the beach (5min max)

Lake Mills, Iowa
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceano Palace

Tony's on the Beach is just down the ocean from you (great breakfest right on the ocean), Panchos is across the main road and down a little from you, gotta go to the Fish Market (across the street again and down), La Costa Marinara is by Diego's and has great sea food...Juanitas is close (very inexpensive and good), and more, have fun!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceano Palace

In that part of town we've only eaten breakfast once at El Paraje and both of us did not like our breakfast at all. We ordered different things. Because it gets such good reviews here, we may have just been there on a bad day and had disappointing meals, but I wanted to post so you were aware somebody was not so thrilled with what they got or the value of it. Every other breakfast we've had has been out of that general area so I cannot state further.

As far as other meals in that area, it's hit and miss at a lot of places but they are all generally good. The best restaurant in the area is Los Arcos, which is a little farther south. They are consistently good and not much more expensive than a lot of places, especially for what you get. No view but great service and quality food. Here's a link:

http://www.restaurantlosarcos.com.mx/en/

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceano Palace

Thanks for those suggestions!

We usually drive to our vacation destinations, but by a quirk of travel coordination, we will be carless in Mazatlan.

We've driven by several "Los Arcos" restaurants in Guadalajara but never tried. Looks like we'll get a chance in Mazatlan.

Edited: 10:29 am, April 11, 2012
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,711 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceano Palace

About the wireless internet, both Oceano Palace and Luna Palace (sister hotels) have free WIFI, and a pretty good signal, so you should be able to get it in your room or on your balcony. I've picked up signals sitting across the street from either hotel, if that gives you an idea.

Regarding the good breakfasts, I agree with Snowgirls. Many people also like Loco Loco's a lot. So between Chili's Pepper, where we ate breakfast a few days ago and it was wonderful, Tony's, and Loco's in the same building, you should find something you really enjoy really close to your hotel. (I had a shrimp omelet at Chili's Pepper, which was large... a full plate accompanied with 2 thick pieces of homemade bread, toasted and buttered, refried beans, and chilaquiles. I couldn't finish.) Most of them have packages that come with fruit or juice, and coffee.

Have a great time in Mazatlan.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceano Palace

For breakfast let me recommend two options. For something not so inexpensive, but perfect for location and amenities I suggest The Inn at Mazatan's restaurant. It's called Papagayo and the food is excellent. The omlettes are particularly good, and they often have a super buffet with every option in the world.

For a very good breakfast at a very reasonable price you can try Mary's across the street from The Inn....and right next to Rico's Coffee. Her food is very good too.

8. Re: Oceano Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, June 19, 2013