Hubby and I are heading down to El Cid El Moro on 4/21 with another couple, and it's our first time to Mazatlan. I have read pages and pages of reviews and posts in the Forum, but there are a few questions I still have:
1. We are debating on doing the "free" shuttle from the airport because of the 2 hour timeshare presentation. Isn't it only $25 for a taxi from the airport? We are signed up for Elite all-inclusive, so not sure what other perks they would offer us for sitting through their presentation?
2. Regarding the restaurants at El Cid, I know everyone has different tastes, but are there any to completely avoid? Also, has anyone done the champagne Sunday brunch at El Marina?
3. What is the best place to exchange our US Dollars for pesos? Right at the airport? Somewhere in Golden Zone?
4. Are there a lot of rocks and coral on the beach going into the ocean? I know the waves will be a bit rougher than the Cancun side of Mexico, but I haven't read about quality of the sand, etc.
5. If we take the free shuttle over to the El Cid Marina, can we then take another free shuttle to the private beach? Are there lounge chairs on that beach or not?
6. Any opinions on the tours offered? Deer Island Tour? Tequila Tour? Sunset Tour? We usually like to do a trip out on a boat at least one day and/or night during our vacation.
7. I heard there is a beach party at Diegos on Tuesday's with a live band? We enjoy live music - any other places you recommend?
Sorry this is so long - I'm trying to soak up as much info as I can before we leave. Thanks to all your tips about the rooms at Moro, I know to request a high floor, facing the pool and ocean for best views. Hoping for a corner room too!
Thank you in advance to ALL the El Cid experts!!