We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Star Sport Bar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Golden Star Sport Bar

Just got back from this place and it was fantastic!!! I know this should be in the restaurant sec. but I can't seem to work that right. It is located on Av. Playa Gaviotas across from the Schrimp Factory and just south of Panchos. $1 tap (Modelo 16oz), 35 peso for liter taps and 50 peso Margaritas! Everyone had a different fish plate and all for $100 pesos or less. Great variety, awesome presentation, generous portions, and the best tasting food I have had in the 2 weeks that we have been here. May I add, the service was friendly and prompt. Ask for Jaimie!!

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,700 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

Glad to see you post this, actually. We had been wondering. This is the old Anthony's location, and we were hearing mixed reviews, so good to see your report. There is tons of competition for sports viewing in a small area, there. By $1, what amount in pesos do you recall...I am guessing 12?

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

Gee I guess I missed reading that Anthony's closed.

Has it been gone a long time?

It was such a good people watching spot!

MBL

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

Glad they filled that empty location, and it sounds like a nice, reasonable place to enjoy. Thanks for posting.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

The $1 beers are indeed12 pesos. They said they have only been open for 4 weeks. This place is definitely worth checking out!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

Yes, coincidently I had lunch there yesterday and the food and service was terrific. Its amazing how many sports bars are cropping up. I'm starting to think Mexicans believe we people from north of the borders have TV sets in our dining rooms :-)

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
926 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

I did a forum search and found my answer...

I see it has been closed since last November or so.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
496 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

Thanks for the review - been meaning to try this place, but whenever we walked by the place we had already eaten. Will have to make it a destination!

Anyone tried breakfast there?

8. Re: Golden Star Sport Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 20, 2013