We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best burgers

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Farmingdale, New...
8 posts
Save Topic
best burgers

going to mazatlan for the first time in a few weeks with my older sons.

wondering where to find the best hamburgers for son who doesn't like mexican food.

thanks for your help!

tim

Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best burgers

Munchkins across from Pueblo Bonito Maz had a very good burger when we were there two years ago. Not sure if that location is still open though. There is another location across from Dairy Queen I believe.

Farmingdale, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best burgers

thanks luvmaz

Millsboro, Delaware
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best burgers

Try the Cawabunga at Beach Burger, Plaza Machado.

Farmingdale, New...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best burgers

thanks luvmaz

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,818 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best burgers

Beach Burger is a good suggestion. You should have no trouble finding something he likes. Lots of restaurants serve hamburgers and fries, or have children's menus with hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and that sort of thing. Two right on the beach in the Golden Zone, off the top of my head, which have children's menus are Diegos and La Canoa.

Mazatlán, Sin...
Level Contributor
2,514 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: best burgers

And since the Mexican food here in Mazatlán, bears NO resemblance WHATSOEVER to the "Mexican" (really usually Tex-Mex) food common in the U.S. and Canada, there are quite likely MANY Mazatlán/Sinaloa dishes (nearly all without any chiles at all) that he would like. A good example would be our soft (heated tortillas, NOT fried) tacos of chopped, charcoal grilled beef – tacos de carne asada – with maybe just some guacamole sauce (no chile in this as all) and a bit of salt on the meat. I've never seen a kid that DIDN'T like these once talked into trying one. Or, for breakfast, scrambled eggs with ham – huevos revueltos con jamon – that's another that kids will never turn down unless they don't eat scrambled eggs already. Sinaloa style roast chicken – pollo asado – especially at the Pollo Loco across the street from the Fisherman's monument on the malecón is another kids' favorite. The Mexican style battered, fried chicken is OK, but it will never give the Colonel any run for his money, so I don't recommend it. I could go on and on about kids' alternatives to the ubiquitous "hamburguesa" or "hot dog", some of which are really good, but most are just so-so, but enough's enough.

Edited: 4:46 pm, March 10, 2012
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best burgers

The best American style burger I've had was at Mary's near Gus&Gus. Great Salads also.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: best burgers

Mary does have great burgers. It's across the street from The Inn At Mazatlan, and the beach front Papagayo Restaurant at The Inn serves up a really awsome burger.

Edited: 5:59 pm, March 10, 2012
Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best burgers

El Cid burgers are marginal at best!

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
830 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: best burgers

Not really a recommendation and I don't eat cow anyhow but since it's your first time in Maz be aware that there is a BK and McDonalds in the Golden Zone.