We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This, that, and another....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
This, that, and another....

1. For those interested, I've just caught up on my blog neilsinmaz@blogspot.com

2. How refreshing to see the enthusiastic posts and comments on here from current visitors. Sometimes we old coots forget what the normal short-term tourist is looking for, and their's is an invaluable contribution to the site. Keep it up!

3. As it seems I am destined to be a real prat today, with my Solomar question, I will complete the picture by explaining that this morning I rescued hundreds of lost tourists looking for El Canao, with only a few broken ankles from the few scouring the skies looking for the highest landmark in the area, and tripping in a pot-hole in the sidewalk! I also tried to maximize my vacation experience by uttering incantations to the skies to change the weather....I even offered some of my Valentines's day bubbly to whatever Mexican deity controls all this, but it only made our Mexican neighbours laugh, and didn't do anything for the weather.

4. As always, we are having the very best of times here, as usual, and everything in jest with no offense, please! Any questions, just ask......

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
651 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: This, that, and another....

Queston #1 - Do you know of anything that will make 27 days go by quickly?

Question#2 - Where is the best place to watch a Canucks game?

Ontario
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: This, that, and another....

1. Go into heavy margueritas rehearsals every night.

2. If you are in the Golden Zone, lots of sports bars. Off the top of my head, Dugout, and Saloon, across from Dairy Queen, Yoopers on the street from Panama Bakery to Playa Inn. But really, there are many good spots, you just have to ask when you get there.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: This, that, and another....

Neils is right about checking once you are here. If they have a Shaw Direct account from BC, then no problem for Sportsnet Pacific broadcasts, but many of them have Alberta or Manitoba as home base (and they don't like our Canucks there...hehe). If it's on CBC (Saturday night or during playoffs) or on TSN it's easy to find it in any sportsbar. Check the Canucks website for broadcast specifics and check it out once you are here. When will you be vacationing in Mazatlan?

Edited: 1:08 am, February 16, 2012
Sylvan Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: This, that, and another....

Neils - found Juanita's today. Haven't eaten there yet but at least I know where it is!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
592 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: This, that, and another....

Enjoy your humor. Thanks.

6. Re: This, that, and another....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, June 06, 2013