We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunny days

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
edmonton
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
sunny days

just returned from maz after 15 sun soaked days.the weather was absolutely outstanding,

even the evenings were warm for this time of year.

the carnaval was a lot of fun, especially the tuesday parade and party alonng olas atlas area. i wore a canadian flag on the back of my vest and i had many mexicans come up and ask me where in canada icame from they were very nice to us, i at this event felt really comfortable at this event.they have a kilometer long dance floor on the malecon(i counted 12 different bands going all at the same time) the cost to get in was 20pesos.

one of the highligts was the ship to shore fireworks. they take you out on a boat in you sit in the middle of the fireworks show very entertaining, the cost was 400pesos for about 3 hrs including all you could drink and a bus ride back to your hotel

the new plaza machado is very nice with many resaurants and a relaxed feel to the area, had many pleasant afternoons and evenings there.did not go the golden zone except to get money.

mazexp: new restaurant to review it is called "when pigs fly" recently oped by bob&terry from washington state pacifico 12pesos hard liqour 19 pesos.

it is located south of valentios at the first light on the east side of the road next to el parrall good amerivan stle breakfast.

he cooks up a 150 lb pig every couple of days it is very good

well back to the grind i will add more later

adios

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunny days

Incas: Yes, I have been to "When Pigs Fly," about 6 times. They also have an excellent breakfast. The ribs are delicious. The pork is a bit-to-very spicey, depending on personal tastes. Great hosts and Santana (not THE Santana), but a personal friend with a great voice sings there. Go and enjoy.

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan