We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

Recently reviewed in Mazmessenger, this new spot opened a month ago, and athough we haven't had the opportunity to check them out yet, I thought I would pass it along. They have a website, are on Facebook, and a friend says they sell Champagne by the glass.

mazmessenger.com/2011/…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

...so has anyone been there so we can have some input as to the ambiance, view (none?), just where in/by Costa de Oro this is? Lobby? Out front towards/on the street? I read the review, says it's 'in' C de O, but a lot goes unanswered. Thanks! J :) Looks and 'sounds' pretty comfy. Champagne, wine, cocktails, soon muffins and such....

2. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:43 am, March 31, 2015
Edited: 10:43 am, March 31, 2015
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

It's quite visible beside the Costa de Oro, as you pass by, so there is no problem finding it.

Another fairly recent business in the Golden Zone which I haven't seen mentioned yet, is Terraza Doma aka Doma Wine Bar. They have TV's, make some really creative drinks (pictured on Facebook), and have an outside patio seating area.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
956 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

It was written up here, as well, when it first opened and has also been followed up on;

http://mazatlanlife.com/restaurant-review/

And yes, it is the in the former Badlands location.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
808 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

Thanks! And I believe my wife would like an outdoor seat for an occasional glass. :) We'll check 'em out. Thanks, Mazzi and poolds.

6. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, September 26, 2011
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

"Social Café Lounge owners Jennifer Woodman and Michael Hall."

Good luck.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,743 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

What does that mean?

Edited: 12:24 am, September 25, 2011
9. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 pm, September 25, 2011
Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Biz in GZ - Social Cafe Lounge

Rchpjf,

LOL!

I just read in the MM that Senor Frogs is facing it's worse economic crisis ever.

Along with the 32 restaurants that have closed, another 10 have had to apply for credit to stay open.

I've often wondered how the Mexican restauranteurs REALLY feel about the influx of foreigners opening new establishments so I emailed a Mazatleco the question.

His response surprised me. He said they hold no resentment and hope the foreign ones succeed. I'm with you though.