We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brookings, SD
10 posts
Save Topic
Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

Me and some friends....well, 18 of us actually!! Well, we are all staying at the Howard Johnson Don Pelayo in the Junior Suites and I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there and/or know anything about it and what their experiences were! We are going March 5th - March 12th.

Thanks

Jack

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

hello flyboyjaxon

I have not stayed there but i have visited it. Its a nice hotel and its the headquaters for 1 of the sping break party group.

CANADA
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

So you���re staying at the HOJO. I have stayed there a few times over the years and I'll give you the best break down I can. If you���re looking for a party hotel, this is it. You can get away with a little more here then you can at a lot of the hotels. We parted every night with anywhere from 12 to 30 people in our room till the early morning. Some of the other hotel don't allow over night guests, here they don't care. The security guard would come around ever couple hours to check on us, so we would give him $10.00 and a slice of pizza and he would go away. He did ask us to shut our door a few times because of the smell of dope.

Most things are with in walking distance. However you���re not right on the beach. The pool is small here and Okays to sit around, but not to much happening here during the day. You will want to go sit down by Joe's (Los Sabalos Resort), or the Riviera. (Which is now my hotel of choice). Both these places are about a 10 min walk, or jump in a Maz Taxi. They are a lot of fun

The suite them selves are pretty good. The have 2 beds. And a little living room with a ocean view. The maids do a good job of cleaning them. Remember, you will probably only be in your room to shower and sleep and get changed. Lots of spring breakers here.

Pics

…msn.com/SpringBreak2002Mazatlan/…

Enjoy yourself, and we will see you there.

Brookings, SD
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

Hey man....thanks alot for the information!...

See ya in Maz!..

Later,

Jack

CANADA
Level Contributor
576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

No Problem. This year is looking to be one of the best ones yet. Just talk to Brad from sunparties.com and they are expecting a record number of people this. Also had a chat with Craig from Mazatlan Express/ XXXpress parties and most of their trips are booked full. I'm sure that student express and paridice parties are enjoying the same success.

The week you are going will also be one of the busy ones too. Just remember WHAT HAPPENS IN MAZATLAN, STAYS IN MAZATLAN

Brookings, SD
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Howard Johnson Don Pelayo Hotel??..good?..bad?

Yah, This will be our first year goin!..That is all very good to hear. I'll have to let all my friends know!

Yah, Mazatlan is gonna kick butt man, I'm countin down the days.

Later