We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shore fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
shore fishing

I'll be staying at the El Cid marina in early March,does anyone know if there is any good shore fishing in this area?If so do you need a license?

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shore fishing

I've seen alot of folks fishing just to the north of there but haven't seen much catching taking place not sure about the license

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,039 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shore fishing

I've seen alot of folks fishing just to the north of there but haven't seen much catching taking place not sure about the license

Alberta, Can.
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: shore fishing

They "shore fish" of the beach of the El Cid Marina Beach which is across the Marina by water taxi. Marina has no beach next to hotel. Also all along that beach up to the Bruja. And around up to who knows where? My husband fished up there and caught a few. They say to use shrimp for bait. High tide better than low tide. Everyone has their preferance. No license needed to shore fish.

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shore fishing

Thanks for the info! Surf fishing will be a nice change from ice fishing!!!

Alberta, Can.
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: shore fishing

My hubbie gave up ice fishing about 20 years ago when he decided he also did not like the snow or cold. Good Luck! Sorry we cannot help you more then as we leave for home on March 1.

Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shore fishing

Will be in Maz 2/11-18 and plan to stick some rod holders in the sand. Also chartering both a bottom fishing and a bill fishing trip. Will try to post a report upon my return.

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shore fishing

Chasin'Tales,Good Luck!! I'll be lookin' for a report when you get back!!