We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Colorado
1 post
Save Topic
The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

Would I be better off to purchase a telephone card before I leave Colorado or wait until I get to the hotel to purchase one?

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

You can get a Telmex card at almost any market in Maz.they are the best & work in most phones without much hassle. Use the $10 cards since thay are the most economical in the long run.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
97 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

I think you can also buy the Telemex cards online. I don't know if it is cheaper to wait til you get to Mexico or not, but I like having everything before hand so I don't have to go searching for things when I get there.

Just a thought.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

Christine's Hair Salon has an excellent telephone call program back to the states. She is located on Camaron Sabalo in the Golden Zone. next to Subway sandwich shop and about 200 yards south of Balboa Towers Hotel.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The best place to purchase telephone cards in Mazatlan

Christines has a good offer for phone service, but be advised there are only 3-4 phones there. We waited up to an hour to use them in Oct. when Maz. wasn't too crowded, the wait will surely be longer this time of year. We'll use telmex cards we buy at the markets when we are there next month.