We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

I was just wondering if Mazatlan has a wide range aged visitors? We are considering Mazatlan as an anniversary trip and we are in are low-mid 30's. I was told that there is mostly retirees there and that the nightlife ends around 9 pm. Is this true?

Alberta, Can.
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

It ends at nine for some, but just begins for most others. Great nightlife after 9 on the zone and in the clubs. Not the resorts in North Mazatlan. Age bracket differs as to where you are staying.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

I don't know where you heard that silly rumor. Must have been a travel agent pushing Cancun. As Strawberry says, nightlife begins after nine for most tourists. (and some retirees, like me) Some great places for night life and they are not all in hotels. Many good places for dancing and even restaurants with great music. Go to La Costa Marinero for dinner and tell them it is your anniversary. You will be serenaded by a mariachi band and a singing waiter. If you can sing, go to open Mike night at Canuck's restaurant in Olas Altas. If you can't sing go there anyway as there is some great talent.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

"I was told that there is mostly retirees there and that the nightlife ends around 9 pm." Now that's funny! Maybe it was someone like Mazexp says or someone who lives here and want's to keep it a secret? But no, not even close. The age range for tourists is from 6 mo. to 90. And nightlife ending at 9 p.m.? The band at Mambo Cafe (Cuban Music) dosen't START 'til 11:00 p.m. Many clubs party 'til 4 a.m.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

Are there any places to go dancing that starts around 7ish. We would love to take our daughter out but it seems nothing gets started until after 10. That's too late for even mom and dad.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

I heard this from a co-worker of mine who is retiring this month and bought a house in Mazatlan for half of the year. I didn't think that sounded right, so I wanted to check on here. Thanks for the big sigh of relief that that isn't true!!!

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

I am thinking maybe your co-worker is trying to get the partiers to go elsewhere. Nightlife begins at 9 & ends at daylight for many, age braket is 16-60+ go have fun, just remeber you are a guest in Maz. make us proud.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

birdman:

Yes, you may be right in regards to my co-worker. I just wanted to make sure that there was at least SOME nightlife; doesn't have to be a lot. Also, he (co-worker) said all he saw was parasailing and no other water activities except for fishing? That sounded strange to me too. I may do another forum for water activity suggestions.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,455 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

My 28 year old grandson-in-law spent Christmas here and parasailed, rode jet skis, boogie boarded, kayaked, swam, rode the Catamaran (sailboat)--and went to Stone island and rode horses as well as quads. When he wasn't doing that, they were out "clubing". Remember that many of the restaurants have live music that starts about 8ish, so that is another possibility. Eat dinner around 7 and stay for the music. Unlike the US, the waiters don't herd you out of the restaurant. In fact they will not bring you the check until you ask for it. In the US we eat to live--the Mexicans live to eat.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

FOR BEACHGIRL...Plaza Machado in Old Town (16 restaurants to choose from, some have live music, all types) starts at 7 p.m. I used to play at the Costa de Oro (Their bar is across the street, with a signal) and we started at 6 and quit at 10 p.m. I think music starts on the beach at the Playa about 6 or 7/ The Royal Villas used to start at 7

Most of the hotels start their music early and end early so they do not disturb their guests. By the way, all these place have the only REAL music. Live music. The places that have canned musig dance all day.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the age range you see in Mazatlan? NIghtlife after...

To Falconroger - Thanks for the info. We'll forsure have to check it out!!!!