We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

Has anyone taken the bus from Maz to Los Mochis and if so, comments. We're catching the train in Los Mochis to Creel for 1 night then back to Los Mochis for return bus ride to Maz.

AB canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

I took the bus from MAz to Los Mochis with my 11 year old daughter three times. I believe it was 6 hours, but it was a wonderful trip. Bus is very comfortable but you do need to bring water and food with you. There are even bathrooms on the bus and they showed a movie as well. I can't remember the price.

spokane, wa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

Yes, My husband and I took the bus 2 years ago and rode the train to Creel spent one night and came back. i would suggest 2 nights. The train is always late. I would make sure I had reservations to stay and bring cash.There aare 2 main first calss bus companies.I believe we took th Elite I want to say it was about $50 to $60 apiece roundtrip. We stayed in Los Mochis and caught the train at 6 am. We stayed at the Santa Anita Hotel and bought our train tickets at the hotel. You save money by cash. I think it was around $100 each.Web: www.mexicoscoppercanyon.com/santaanita

When we got to Creel it was late and because we werenot in the busy season we didn't have reservations. Mistake. We finally got a room that took credit cards. The people were very friendly and helpful, but english was less used.WE had a good time but I would take more time next time.

Here is a sight.

http://www.coppercanyon-mexico.com

spokane, wa
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

Yes, My husband and I took the bus 2 years ago and rode the train to Creel spent one night and came back. i would suggest 2 nights. The train is always late. I would make sure I had reservations to stay and bring cash.There aare 2 main first calss bus companies.I believe we took th Elite I want to say it was about $50 to $60 apiece roundtrip. We stayed in Los Mochis and caught the train at 6 am. We stayed at the Santa Anita Hotel and bought our train tickets at the hotel. You save money by cash. I think it was around $100 each.Web: www.mexicoscoppercanyon.com/santaanita

When we got to Creel it was late and because we werenot in the busy season we didn't have reservations. Mistake. We finally got a room that took credit cards. The people were very friendly and helpful, but english was less used.WE had a good time but I would take more time next time.

Here is a sight.

http://www.coppercanyon-mexico.com

Dunoon, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

We took the bus just before Christmas. Pacifica I think and I'm sure it was about 175 pesos each one way. Very comfy.

Yes, the train was late but what an awesome trip. We stayes at the Hotel Villa Margarita (Not the hostel one). Very comfy and clean for the money (350 pesos I think for a double with breakfast and dinner) but the dinner wasn't great. There will probably be kids there to meet the train and a bus, though it is only a 5 minute walk.

When there we took a morning tour then went horseriding in the afternoon, which was brilliant though the horses didn't have much energy! The hostel part of Margarita arranged that with 10 minutes notice.

Try and spend a couple of nights and enjoy! Don't forget the nights are chilly.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Mazatlan to Los Mochis

We took a weeks tour last Easter and had a great time. Unless you like long, slow train rides, I would take the bus to Los Mochis and hire a van to El Fuerte and catch the train. Then on the way back have the van pick you up in El Fuerte and ride back to Los Mochis--to catch the bus back to Mazatlan. We got back to the hotel in Los Mochis at about 1:00 AM when we rode the train all the way back from Copper canyon. The buses already described are excellent. I can send you a trip report I wrote last year following our visit if you would like. email cahall@ywave.com. By the way we have a summer home in Yelm, WA