We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Massage

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
306 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Massage

Hello fellow travelors. WIll be visiting Maz very soon and want to treat my wife to a very good massage. Nothing kinky; just a very nice relaxing and professional massage.

Could someone give me a recommendation?

Thanks you.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
705 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Massage

Travelormex

Depending on which hotel you stay at some offer spa treatment at them. Other wise check out royal spa they have a website royalspa.ws/services. I haven't been there yet but it looks interesting.

Hope this helps

mark

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Massage

The Royal Spa: For those of you staying in the downtown area, try my favorite, which is located at Mariano Escobedo #320, on the corner of Bellisario Dominguez. Knute Berry has massage therapists that will provide either a 10 or 20 finger body massage for a half-hour to two and half-hours. Regular price for a one-hour body massage is $20 U.S., but they always have specials. They have a variety of other applications to relieve the stress, such as manicure, pedicure, back and feet facial, and the Royal Spa facial massage--inexpensive. Call them at 982-1111 to ask for a special price and an appointment.

MYO Massage for Life is located on Camarón Sábalo, across the street from Costa de Oro Hotel. They are open seven days a week from 9 A.M. to 7 P.M. They have well-qualified massage therapists that can work out those “kinks.”

Mazatlán Book and Coffee Company: Another fine place for a massage is. It is the only place in town I know of where they not only provide an excellent massage, but you can get a great cup of coffee while enjoying a good book. Call 916-7899 for an appointment, but they accept walk-ins.

This is a must in Mazatlán. It will help you wind down from your vacation and inspire you to get yourself ready for the “old grind.”

Alberta, Can.
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Massage

My husband and I have tried several of the places mentioned, including Royal downtown. Hard to find for newbies and some taxis. As we both like more than a "fluffy" massage. We prefer a deep tissue massage and a good masseuse should be able to do that. The prices vary from $20. to $40. The price does not make the massage any better or worse we found. We are now going to Christines in the Balboa Plaza. She has a lot of things going there. Hair, pedicure, internet and phone services, and cater to the local tourists. $25.US. I go back every week now.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
306 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Massage

Thanks fellow travelors. Will print out these great recommendations!

One more thing: Does anyone know of a really good bakery there in Maz?? One of the things we enjoy doing is hitting the local bakery to samople the delights. My last (and only) time in Maz we didnt happen across on.

Good traveling to all and Merry Christmas.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Massage

Panama bakery is nice and they are located both downtown and in the Golden Zone. But my favorite is "El Olivo Restaurant and Bakery" which is located in the Golden Zone. It is near the intersection of Camaron Sabalo and Gaviotas--on Gaviotas, and behind the Denor Frog clothing store. Great apple and pineapple turnovers and my favorite--lemon merangue pie!

California
Level Contributor
22 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Massage

I went to the Royal Spa and it was excellent. I took some clothes to Knute and he gave us a huge discount on our massages. Check out his website form more info.