We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan in one week.....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mazatlan in one week.....

Wife and I taking our 5 month old daughter with us to Emerald Bay and meeting some friends for a week long stay...

We were last in Mazatlan just in time to witness Hurricane Kenna...fun....anyway I was wondering if I could get some information on different tour packages. We are most intersted in a shore scuba dive trip (not certified); fishing, and mountain biking.

I've already done the downtown/mercado tour as well as the Peralta theater. We couldn't get out to stone island because of the sea conditions, so I may want to do that this time. Also, I went fishing with the Aries fleet last time I was down there. They were fine - we caught a few sailfish and relesed them. Can I do any better than Aries this time around?

I think we will be keeping the kid at the resort all week and, yes, my wife is fine sitting by the pool with her for the week. This means that we will probably eat most, if not all, of our meals at Emerald Bay (which is fine, I love the restaurant there). However, out of curiosity, are there any "can't miss" restaurants?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.

San Marcos, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mazatlan in one week.....

Since you'll be way up at Emerald Bay I'd say don't miss Mr Lionso's (some seem to call it Cafe Bruja). It is at Playa Bruja which if you are at the circle where the bus line ends you take the road west past Ginger's Horses. and it will be on the left. The $139 peso shrimp and lobster dinner is everything everyone on this website have said it to be (wonderful, enough for two of us)! We also had a crab appetiser (we didn't really know what we were getting but my honey wanted crab and our waiter said he knew what to get). It was an absolutely huge plate of just cleaned crab meat with some crackers and hot sause on the side for only 85 peso! Drinks are 2 for 1 and they had our fav. tequila so we were happy. Had a great band (I think we were there on Thursday nite) and we got everyone up dancing! We were going to go back again but you know how that sometimes goes. Will definately return next year!