We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

What are the differences? I am leaning toward the Grenada or the Castilla.....what are the differences? Are there different levels of luxury?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
71 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

Depends on what you want. The Grenada is across the street from the ocean and is connected to the Castilla by an overhead walkway. If you want quiet and simplicity this is for you. I know they have different levels of rooms and the prices are cheaper, but you would have to check their website.

We stay at the ElMoro tower because that is where our timeshare is located. The rooms that we have stayed in are nice but a little old. You also must have no fear of heights because some of these rooms are way up there. They have everything from regular rooms to 2 bedroom suites. I have not stayed at the Castilla but most of their rooms are poolside. I recommend checking out their website. Hope this helps a little.

Carson City, Nevada
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

I vote for the 1 bedroom suite at the Moro. I've stayed in all of them and the only advantage to the Castilla or Granada is the price.

Yukon, OK
Level Contributor
184 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

I loved the El Moro. It has a kitchen, which comes in so handy when you want to just get up in the morning and have coffee and breakfast in your room. The views from our 1-bedroom were fabulous. We had a 1-bedroom suite, and it had two bathrooms -- another plus. My brother and his wife just had the regular room, and it had a kitchen, nice ocean view, and one bathroom. He loved it too!!!

Have a great vacation!!!

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

I agree with Tony. Having stayed in all, I like El Moro best. Unless you like it really really quiet and calm, the Granada. Castilla has a nice location, but no kitchens.

Edited: 1:16 pm, February 23, 2010
North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

So if I understand correctly the Grenada and Castilla are across the street from the beach, older, less luxurious and no kitchens....correct? And of the two, the Castilla is preferable to the Grenada?

How, then does the Marina compare to the Moro? The Moro has better rooms and food? Are they located next to each other? Are all 4 basically one property across the street from each other sharing the same beach?

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

BTW we are a mature couple in our 50s....but like to have fun. Husband loves to kayak and boogie as well as hobie catamaran...are there any close by or on the resort?

calgary
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

Moro and Castilla are on the beach next to each other. Granada is across the street. The El Cid Marina is in a completely separate location to the north at the marina of the same name. All of the activities you mentioned are readily available from vendors on the beach in front of the Moro and Castilla.

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

The Granada does have kitchens, but is across the street. Is very comfortable, and you can use the amenities of the rest of the resort, but no vie to speak of. The Castilla rooms are very nice, but small without kitchens.

Pinawa, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

Try this website:

http://www.elcid.com/

There are pics of the accomodations. We have just returned from staying a wk at el moro, and a wk at el marina. Both were good. We were on the 27 floor of the el moro though and I am not one for heights so weasn't able to enjoy the deck as much. El moro is right on the beach, at El Marina you have to take a water taxi to the beach, which wasn't that big of a deal. We encountered less vendors on the beach at Marina. Marina is a more quiet than Moro, and is a bit farther from most of the shops etc. there are some restaurants near Marina though, and a bus ride back into town is cheap (can also walk). Enjoy your stay!

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which El Cid....Grenada, Moro, Marina or Castilla?

Thanks guys....I have narrowed the El Cids down to Moro or Castilla. Being on the beach with a view is a must. Kitchen not so much. For $100. more than the Moro non all inclusive, I can get the Castilla, all inclusive which would be worth it to us for the drinks and breakfast. We don't need a kitchen so not sure if the larger rooms would be worth it.

Decisions, decisions.

That seems odd that the price difference is that significant. Are the rooms that much more luxurious and larger than Castilla to justify the significance?

Thanks for all your help!