We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Going to El Cids January 24th with daughter who is almost 8 and a son who is 9 1/2. Any other families with kids going then?? Hubby golfs so someone to pair up with for him would be great too!!

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Come on someone....anyone going with kids????

canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

hey beachbummum, wish I was going the same week as you and your hubby and kids, but we are there January 10 to 17th...so I will let you know the details when we return. T.Grant

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Blue eyes chat....too bad!!! I will be waiting for your great review!! Have fun!!

Dundas, Ontario
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Sorry we are going on the 17th to El Cid. Would have been great. we have a 7 year old doughter and 5 year old boy.

Dundas, Ontario
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

That is January 17 th, for one week.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Freddy Bummer!! Last year we went with another couple and their kids so the kids are a little worried about not knowing anyone this year! Have a great time and let us know what you think of the place!!

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

There are three El Cid resorts in Mazatlans:

El Cid Marina, El Cid Moro and El Cid Castilla. We just got back (1/1/2006). The El Cid Castilla is a dump. Back out if you can. We had reservations for El Cid Marina, which is nice, but got bumped out of our rooms due to a "mixup" between EC Marina and Interval International. EC Castilla is LOUD. You can hear people whispering in the hallways at night. The beds are like sleeping on the floor NO EXAGGERATION! Bugs crawling in rooms LOTS of them everyday. Pool is one big toilet. The hotel is about 30-40 years old and looks it (and not in a good way). EC Moro TOWERS are nice. Bottom line: if you're not in a tower or at EC Marina, you're in for a horrible experience.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,644 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

986Crazy Are you sure you are talking about the El Cid Castilla? It sounds more like the El Cid Granada because the pool at Castilla and the pool at the El Moro are the same gigantic pool in between the two hotels which passes under a bridge to the south side of the Castilla. The El Cid Granada is across the street and is the oldest one they have, with it's own pool. I am just going on your pool descriptions.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

Your pool description is 100% accurate. I just got back from there this weekend 1/1/2006. And you're right, the pools do connect between El Moro and Castilla. BUT, there were infants in the pool at Castilla in diapers...you get the idea. I WITNESSED a guest dump and rinse out a diaper IN THE POOL at the Castilla. The clientele between the two were very different. Little kids at Castilla, older kids adults at Moro. The Castilla is the worst place I've ever stayed. The Inn at Mazatlan looked much nicer if you want to stay near the Golden Zone.

ontario, canada
Level Contributor
874 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Families going to El Cids Jan 24??

That's pretty gross! I have read up till now only good stuff about the pool. My kids loved the look of it with the big rock formation and the slide! Did you complain to any staff member about the diaper business, I know I would have! Unfortunately little kids do use the pools for washrooms, but generally the chorine level is high enough to deal with it. When my kids were little I put them in Swim-ups which are a diaper made for pools.