We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Quijote Inn ????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
952 posts
Save Topic
El Quijote Inn ????

Has anyone stayed at this place recently? Is there an elevator or does one have to climb steps?

I like to try new places and this one does not have many recent reviews to read.

Thanks in advance!

MazBeachLover

STOCKTON, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Quijote Inn ????

Hi! My wife and I just got back from a week at the El Quijote Inn. Let me shed some light. The hotel was not what we initially expected; yet it turned out to be a very nice place to stay.

The hotel is in a good location, nice beach right in front and jet ski and para-sailing in front available. We expected a five star type and it wasn't, but we still had a great time. There are elevators, yet it did break down twice when we were there, yet was fixed quickly. It is only five stories and after all the eating we did, the exercise was appreciated.

The hotel is approx. 25 yrs. old and is doing some work to get it ready for timeshare sales in 5 years when the original timeshares times will be up. There were many, very friendly people there who have been coming there for 15-25 years and it was a relaxing place with their company and they had invaluable experience with the area and shared it freely.

The rooms were comfortable, but the bed was a bit hard for our liking...after enough cocktails though, we didn't mind it;) The staff was very friendly and a few great restaurants are across the street or nearby. A couple of days after our arrival, the hot tub broke down, and as of the time we left, it was back up and running. Also, they have showers with the low-flow, energy saving things on them so that takes getting used to, as I like to have a flood of water in my shower.

Dollar for dollar, you can't buy a better view of the sunsets and sunrises from each room's ocean front balconies.

We have a timeshare in Napa, and we bought another this time at the Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay which is very, very nice and a five star, and yet, we would gladly stay at the El Quijote Inn again because of it's location, friendly and knowledgeable guests, and its location in the Golden Zone. It truly is a nice place to stay. I'd tell you if it wasn't! If there is a way to post some pictures, I will, but don't where I would do this in this forum.

Any other questions? Hope this helps you!

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
952 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Quijote Inn ????

Great review!! Only questions I have...what restaurants are near by.....I found a ground floor condo to rent from MazAzul....hope I like it there.Thanks so much. I'll check it out for future visits when I get there next Spring!MBL

About your photos...I copied this from the top of this forum....

Think back to your last vacation...did your room have a view? Was it of the brick wall next door? Was your room large and comfortable or small and cramped? Share your vacation photos and help other travelers see the truth beyond the brochures. Contribute as many photos as you like. Photos of hotel rooms are particularly helpful!

Uploading pictures is easy -- share your photos here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/PostPhotos

STOCKTON, CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Quijote Inn ????

Across the street from El Quijote Inn is the El Zarapa. Great food and service. Open two weeks now and excellent skirt steak. Great sauces with each of our meals, not just the regular Mexican sauces...these had complexity to them and just accented the meals...forget what wife had. Ask for Gabriel he does magic tricks and knows the menu front to back. Very clean restaurant!

We had a great seafood platter for two at a place called Bar La Costa Marinade and it's right on the beach...great view and location.

Casa Country also had great Mexican food and if you're there at 8 pm, the waiters sing and do some country dancing.

Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan's restaurant Cilantro's ended our trip with a fantastic Mahi Mahi with rice and veggies and wife had Chicken Ceaser salad as we shared a nice bottle of Mexican Zin wine. It too is right on the beach!

We were stuffed each night, brought plenty of food home and can't remember having such great food. Enjoy!!

Wish It, Was A...
Level Contributor
952 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: El Quijote Inn ????

Great resaturant reviews too. You are good...Thanks so much.

MBL