We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barrie, Ontario...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

Hi all~

My best friend and I are headed to Mexico this month and are thinking of Mazatlan.

We are 33 and 32, single, love to suntan and have cocktails by the pool during the day and enjoy the nightlife at night.

Can anyone recommend any hotels/resorts. Bluntly put~ I think we'd like what is considered a 'Party Resort'.

I think we'd like Adults Only and All Inclusive, but we're also flexible with that as long as we get a happening resort.

Any comments and advise is HUGELY appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Safe travels!

T.

Sunriver, Oregon
Level Contributor
306 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

I would think that Los Sabalos down by Joe's Oyster Bar would be the top place....followed by Casa De Oro, El Cid. One nice thing about Mazatlan its very easy to pool hop and check out the pool next door.....

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,533 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

I think you will find the resort (Read hotel) is not as important as where you choose to go after dark. And here there are so many options. By the way, all inclusive is NOT a great idea. You have just limited yourself (Psychologically) to one spot. Here are some opinions;

Most luxurious resort….Pueblo Bonito/Emerald Bay…..down side, remote from everything.

Best grounds….Playa Mazatlan….down side, none really. Right in the middle of the resort zone.

Best pool…El Cid Resort…..down side, somewhat impersonal.

Friendliest staff…. A tie between Costa de Oro and Playa Mazatlan….down side, none.

Best resort with it’s own party bar….Los Sabalos (Joes Oyster Bar)…down side, a very YOUNG crowd and LOUD.

Best party bars;

Joes Oyster Bar (See above)

Gringo Lingo

Jungle Juce

Sr. Frogs

LOTS of other options to discover on your own.

Best live music;

Gus Gus….across the street from Costa de Oro Rock and Rool (The real stuff, not kiddies music)

Plaza Machado in Old Mazatlan…16 restaurants and bars. Every night 4 to 6 will have live music. Pick the one you like, it’s all outside!

Tonys…Next to Riveria Hotel, across from Los Sabalos Hotel. R&R with a Mexican flavor.

Please, stay straight enough to not get yourselves in over your head, but have fun!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

Try Mango's by the beach just north of the Hotel Playa Mazatlan on a weekend night. We had a blast there on our last trip this past summer.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ~Party Resort in Mazatlan~

And if you want to experience latin dancing go to La Gran Plaza which is a short taxi ride from the Golden Zone and visit the Mambo Cafe. Some really good dancers there, too.