We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
SouthEastTexas
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling..

Sorry. I do want to do snorkeling, but I read MAZ isnt very good for that. Should I reconsider and go to PV or Cabo?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
226 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling..

Well it seemed like miles and miles....must have been tired due to all the snorkeling. and yes, you are right, only one side has the beach, but you can start snorkeling at one end and end up all the way over to where the first bring you in on the boats. But of course, if you want serious snorkeling, i'd suggest going to the Caribbean side of Mexico and try Isla Mujeres or Cozumel.

Level Contributor
5,143 posts
675 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkeling..

If your primary interest is snorkeling, then Mazatlan is not for you. There are lots of great things about Maz, but snorkeling is not one of them.

When the water is just right, there can be as good of snorkeling as PV or Cabo, but that's not that often. Unlike those places, Maz is open ocean, not a bay, which stirs up the water a lot. If snorkeling is your goal, I would look to Cabo more than PV, and Cabo Pulmo is the best snorkeling in Cabo.

13. Re: Snorkeling..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, February 11, 2010