We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almost embarrassed but I need help! Compare Cancun...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
287 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Almost embarrassed but I need help! Compare Cancun...

I'm embarrassed to say that I've never even heard of Mazatlan what is like compared to Cancun? My husband and I are looking for a vacation on more of a budget than what we spent on Cancun this year. My husband had mentioned Mazatlan when we were planning Cancun this year but I was more interested in going somewhere I've heard of and now that I'm browsing Apple, Funjet and so on for prices and places to go in Mexico, Mazatlan has really caught my interest! We're looking for an excellent all-inclusive place, we're not picky eaters whatsoever but we do have a weak spot for drinking, we're not rowdy but we do enjoy going out and having fun dancing and such. I guess I need some comparison....beach, pool, shopping (I really enjoyed Market 28), clubs?, nightlife, is it safe at night? transportation? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Detroit, MI
Level Contributor
402 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Almost embarrassed but I need help! Compare Cancun...

Cancun is very touristy and americanized with all the fast food joints, etc. You might as well go to Florida, its about as exotic. Plus it faces east, no sunsets and its flat as a pancake. The west coast of Mexico puts Cancun "in the dirt" Better atmosphere, mountains, sunsets over the Pacific and better weather.

Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Almost embarrassed but I need help! Compare Cancun...

Shelley,

The book Mazatlan is Paradise is terrific. I have almost worn the print off the pages. I have highlighted much of the information for future reference.