We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mazatlan weather? worried..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
los angeles, ca
1 post
Save Topic
mazatlan weather? worried..

Hi, I am going to Mazatlan on tuesday, and i am concerned about the weather. Thunderstorms are predicted for everyday I am supposed to be there! Is the weather really that bad right now? I am going with a bunch of friends and am afraid everyone will be extremely disappointed when theres no sun...are we going to be miserable?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: mazatlan weather? worried..

No, you are NOT going to be miserable because of the weather. Our thunderstorms usually occur up in the Sierra Madre Mountains, many miles away from the beaches and most of the time the rain never gets to the beach area. Most of the storms last only an hour or two and out comes the sun, letting the fun begin.

Right now (7 AM, Saturday) it's mostly cloudy but the sky is beginning to brighten and I wouldn't be surprised to see the sun poking thru about noontime.

Mazatlan Mexico
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: mazatlan weather? worried..

I have some friends that came down last week and said that the forecast last week was going to me showers all the week. I think we only had a sprinkle of water one day at night. The weather forecast is not always right. Today turned out to be a nice and warm day!

Another thing I must mention is that most of the rain we get is at night or early in the morning. If it rains in the morning it is normally for one or two hours and then the sun comes out, like yesterday.

Enjoy your stay in Mazatlan!

Mazatlan Frank

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,116 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mazatlan weather? worried..

You can only be miserable if you let yourself be miserable.

We had a day while in Maz. a couple years ago when the rain came down so hard it flooded the streets, not a little bit, but knee deep in places.

The thunder & lightning the night before would have scared many folks but I love natures fireworks displays so I sat up all night watching them. Although we got soaked while walking on the beach that morning we weren't a bit miserable took it in stride & let the warm sun dry us out & send our worries packing.