We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food poisioning??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Food poisioning??

Is food poisioning a big concern in Mazatlan? If so, what do we need to stay away from & watch for. Is there any medicine that can help? Thank you!

Indiana
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Food poisioning??

Thanks for the yogurt tip, I have never heard that before. I will definitely try it.

My friend went to Cabo on her honeymoon & she was very sick almost the whole trip. My husband & I are going with his parents (none of us have been to Mexico) in the end of February & we want to have the best time possible!!! Thanks for all the great advice.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,476 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Food poisioning??

If a person in your party is sick for a day, don't try to just wait it out. It could be travelers sickness that just lasts 24 hours or the revenge. Check with your hotel to find a doctor and take the medication. If taken properly, within 24 hours the illness is gone and you can go on to your vacation. In some isolated instances antibiotic (shots) are necessary--but in my opinion, better then a wasted vacation and miserable planeride home. Been there-done that!