We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bird watching

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Washington
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
bird watching

Has anyone done a estuaries & Bid Watching tour in Mazatlan??

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,639 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bird watching

I have done the free estuary tour. It is very good and many birds to observe. I'm not crazy about bird watching. There is a new bird watching tour. They have an office next to the Canadian consulate (next to Playa Mazatlan hotel). I have not been on the tour but they claim to have professional bird watching guides.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
Hotel Playa Mazatlan
1,978 Reviews
Mazatlan, Mexico
Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
966 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bird watching

Jan 16-19 2009, they are having the first Mazatlan bird festival;

www.mazatlanbirdfestival.com

Mentioned in this post
Mazatlan
Mazatlan
Sinaloa, Mexico
alaska
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bird watching

Its one of our favorite MZT things to do. Before the esturay was dredged there was wonderful bird watching right in town and actually there still is a bit of it. Many egrets, flamingos etc around the old salt marsh which is now the Marina complex out north. The government has an educational facility about a mile from cerritos right next to the waterpark. Its kind of an amazing place as its right in town and surrounded by buildings (you can see the waterslides from MazAqua) and yet its a habitat reserve with a couple of viewing stations and wonderful birds and flora. Its not really a public deal but maybe somebody who knows better than me can tell you how to get in. failing that....take the bus to Teacapan and hire a boat, the birds are unbelievable there and the entire adventure is really cool. Hope this helps...........Oh, I've also wanted to kyak at sunset from the gold zone over to the farthest north island. It looks to me like all the frigate birds and pelicans head that way at duck so it has to be a great place....

4. Re: bird watching

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, October 08, 2009