We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music in Maz

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oceanside, CA
13 posts
Save Topic
Live music in Maz

Where can one go for live music in Maz? I've been really getting into mexican rock bands like Molotov, Cafe Tacuba, Los Amigos Invisbles etc.

Are there any clubs that feature this kind of live music? Any clubs that have live dance bands?

Also any good music stores where one could shop for a guitaron?

Thanks!

Oceanside, CA
13 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Live music in Maz

Mazwannabe,

Not sure how to e-mail you directly?

My friends and I were hoping to be able to possibly sit in with a local rock/funk/R&B band. At the very least to see and meet some local talent.

Thanks again for the tips. We leave Thursday!

minnnesota
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Live music in Maz

email me at dgwalstead@hotmail.com

Oceanside, CA
13 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Live music in Maz

Just returned from Maz.

Gus and Gus had a great band Chameleon. Richie is an amazing guitar player. Luis and Pedro were very freindly and great players too. They only play American rock however no Rock En Espanol. They were very freindly and allowed my friends and I to sit in. It was alot of fun. The staff at Gus and Gus were great too.

Maui had no live music at all.

Mr. Tony's had a live band. They were fun but not all that great and played traditional mex music.

Plaza Machado had a great Jazz band in the square. We had dinner at Pedro and Lola's and listened to them churn out Herbie Hancock and tunes like Killer Joe and such.