We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

preparing fish and shrimp from fish market

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Coon Rapids, Iowa
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
preparing fish and shrimp from fish market

After a bad experience where we were staying I am wondering if there is someplace in Mzt. that would freeze and prepare fish and shrimp for shipping in my 50 gallon cooler. I had purchased shrimp and fish and took them to the kitchen's captain. He said he would freeze them. I left the cooler and the fish. Minutes before I was boarding the bus for the airport I went to retrieve my cooler. He had quite a time finding it and brought it out to me. Upon walking to the main lobby it was evident I had a problem. The fish were rotten and had not be frozen. I was assurred I would be paid for the contents when I e-mailed the resort. It's been a year and I'm tired of asking them. I just want to prepare for the next trip.

Quilcene, Washington
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: preparing fish and shrimp from fish market

We stay at the Pueblo Bonito & have refrigerators with small freezers in the rooms there are usually 2 couple sometimes 3 so we freeze our fish in one freezer & hold it (after it's frozen)in the other. This works pretty well & we know exactly how it has been handled. Other than that I can't help you.

You may try one of the private condos a couple of them have restuarants & the cooks there may be able to help you better than a resort that's trying to cater to 500 + people.

The chef at La Marina Yacht & Tennis Club north of town may be able to help you.

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor