We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Flores, Playa Mazatlan, Holiday Inn Sunspree or Riviera...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Las Flores, Playa Mazatlan, Holiday Inn Sunspree or Riviera...

Hello, I am trying to plan a family trip for Jan. 2006. I have decided to NOT to go all inclusive. These hotels seem to be in my price range. Any suggestions. Thanks!

Mazatlan Mexico
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Flores, Playa Mazatlan, Holiday Inn Sunspree or Riviera...

Hola amigo

Personally, I would go to the Playa. It is a 4 star but like a 5 star. Nice place, in the middle of the golden zone, a great Mexican Fiesta (don��t miss) and the personal are always signing and whistling, they seem happy. I go there often for breakfast, the restaurant is on the beach. The others are nice also, but the Playa is one of my favorites. If there are any other questions please ask.

Mazatlan Frank

Iowa
Level Contributor
437 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Flores, Playa Mazatlan, Holiday Inn Sunspree or Riviera...

Have stayed at Riviera and Playa Mazatlan. Beds a little harder at Riviera. Had an okay time there. But the Playa is a better choice. Better Beach. Better Location. Watch out though when you book that you don't get an economic room at the Playa. Cheap rate, but no patiio or balcony. We paid the extra and got a garden view (pool side) room. I really liked the Playa and am considering a return to Mazatlan again this winter. Will probably stay at the Playa unless we get a really good deal somewhere else. Riviera wasn't too bad though if you get a really good rate. We ended up with a nice ocean view room and had a great time. I just had to drink more alcohol to handle the hard beds.

Calgary
Level Contributor
154 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Flores, Playa Mazatlan, Holiday Inn Sunspree or Riviera...

Thanks you so much for your responces.

Stomin.....The choices I have are Pool View (cheapest), Garden View & Ocean View (most expensive). Are the Pool View rooms the ones with no balcony?