We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dairy Queen site

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Regina Sask Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dairy Queen site

Can someone put up pics of what’s happening?

12 replies to this topic
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dairy Queen site

I haven't taken pics, but construction continues with a lot of dust. Something I haven't been able to figure out is that traffic has been slowed in the Golden zone as they tear up the streets to emplace bricks for pedestrian crossings--even where there are no intersections. What I find ironic is that pedestrians don't seem to have the right-of-way in Mazatlán anyway, and even at traffic lights pedestrians have to look for turning vehicles that barely slow down. How are these crosswalks supposed to help pedestrians and motorists? Personally I think it is only cosmetic. As a motorist, I would prefer that they repair the driving surfaces.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,987 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dairy Queen site

Chuck, the entire project is purely cosmetic. NONE of it will help any business or any tourist. When they get done not any restaurant nor business of any kind will have ANY perking for customers, from Valantinos south to Old Mazatlan. The 'Bike Lane' is separated and 'protected' from passing vehicles by some thin posts and a cable that would barely stop an out of control motorcycle. Extremely unsafe in my opinion. But gee, it will 'look' pretty. Glad I don't own a business out there that relies on customers being able to park within 4 blocks!

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
245 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dairy Queen site

Yes, i would love to see pics of the DQ site and Marriott site. Where can we find pics?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dairy Queen site

Does this mean that the Dairy Queen is closed?

I am heading back to Mazatlán after almost 2 years, and DQ is one of the mandatory places to visit!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,668 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dairy Queen site

Dairy queen on Camaron Sabalo has been demolished, however there is another in Gran Plaza food court.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
10,228 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dairy Queen site

Thanks. Stay away for a couple of years, and things change! I hope I find some changes for the best to make up for DQ being torn down!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dairy Queen site

And at Woolworth’s mall!

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dairy Queen site

Fear not, there are 4 other locations, a couple of which have been mentioned above.

Galeria Mall

Gran Plaza

Insurgentes (in the Soriana parking area, drive through or sit inside)

Sendero Plaza (opposite end of Woolworths) enclosed with tables/seating, a nice quiet break from mall stuff.

Check for maps on this link and zoom in for closer location views (if you don't want DQ Radio playing while you browse, mute your sound first) http://www.dairyqueen.com.mx/mx/stores

Enjoy!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Level Contributor
573 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dairy Queen site

I added photos of the Inn entrance, DQ site and Los Arcos site to flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29613301@N00/sets/72157661798875397

Oregon Coast, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dairy Queen site

Oh wow! How interesting. Thanks for posting the photos Sombrerouno. Not sure how the Inn at Mazatlan can keep renting rooms now that construction (demo) has reached that stage.

Reply to: Dairy Queen site
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted