We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

Anyone made us of the $550.00 resort credit that the Barcelo Karmina offers?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

Last time we stayed there was 2011, and I did use all of the resort credit while we were there. The spa there is pretty nice; I had a massage and a body scrub of some sort. Worth doing, IMHO. I also got a pedicure that same year - cost a little more than in Canada, but because they do so few beauty treatments, I had the place to myself, and they treated me a little bit like royalty. :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

Thanks for the reply, are you limited with how much you can spend of the $550.00 for services?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

They let me use the entire amount for spa services, but I also bought some extra services, which is probably the intention for the resort credit. :)

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

How do you get this resort credit? And what can it be used for? Thanks in advance

Hamilton, Ontario...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

I would like to know as well

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

When I booked my travel agent said that a $500 resort credit was included in the booking and when I went to the Barcelo website they have a link there that shows the breakdown of what's included/how much each item is worth in terms of the credit. I'm interested in knowing ChellyBelle if you had to negotiate being able to use the entire credit for the spa or if they've changed how the credit is used? Here's the link on the Barcelo website:

barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/es_ES/Images/resor…

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

Wow, thats different!!

Didn't have to negotiate at all back in 2011, but my voucher was only $500 pesos - I didn't even consider that the $550 in the post title was dollars!

Now that I think about it though, our 2011 trip was a lucky break - we waited too long to book and couldn't get to Manzanillo, but then our travel agent called and said she had a wedding group tour set up but one couple had cancelled at the last minute, so she could get us booked in as part of the tour group. I wonder if I inadvertently used a credit negotiated for the wedding! Like a bridesmaid gift or something.

Feeling a wee bit guilty now...

At any rate, that current resort credit program is of far less actual value than I expected! The coupons are fine but you have to work pretty hard to get the full value of the credit!

St. Albert, AB, CAN
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

So you were able to use $550 towards the spa?

9. Re: Barcelo Karmina - $550.00 resort credit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo