We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan or Manzanillo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
495 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Mazatlan or Manzanillo

I've never been to either and am wondering what the difference is? I'm sorry but I'm not even sure how far apart they are.

We are late 40s, like to walk the beach, check out the town, don't need much of a night life. I do dive and love to snorkel but that's not a priority on this trip. We just need to relax and decompress.

We are planning 2 weeks at the end of January.

I'm looking at the RIU Emerald Bay in Mazatlan or the Tesoro in Manzanillo.

canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mazatlan or Manzanillo

Hi dreaminofsunshine..

Cat is back :) Sylvia

To answer a few questions... we stayed in room 444 both times we were at the Tesoro.. (If anyone does not find a King size bed in that room it just may in Alberta )

New side..lower building ..far side of disco...pool and no view of either although view from room was great.. Above palm trees... Little longer walk to elevator.. Never waited long and had no troubles with them...4 down to main buffet pool beach area... 2 floors up to lobby..3 to 7th floor ala carte ..stairs were just fine too... we were just about end of hall so a quiet area.. 2 nights we were in room early did hear a bit of soft boom from rec staff show...shows are over early... never heard neighbors next door.. above or below us... Did request a quiet good view room... I have email to booking gal.. btw if you want to see the high up great view you can take the elevator to top floor.. New fancy elevator is designed and will be worked on soon ??...

We do not do tours..prefer exploring on our own... We met a few that did the party boat snorkel tour and they loved it (can book by the pool.....also a group went quading in the hills with Air Transat rep Miquel (Air Transat rep can be found in the lobby) Great guy... My husband golfed at Las Has with a group...we have the name and email addy of the fellow who got this group together... Price was a steal....(Not from resort..longjohn you may know Max) I heard the downtown tour was not great and would just go off on your own... Not really a lot to see or do in Manz or Santiago but it is so Authentic and not touristy I loved it... There is NO comparision to places like the Mayan or PV so keep that in mind....You get authentic Mexico in the area but also in the hills and where the resort is it had a very European Spanish feel to it..(White washed buildings) Tesoro does mean treasure and the priates did hang out in the area digging for gold.. LOL....Because of the hills the lobby main entrance is on the 6th floor..

We went both years to Saturday tiangus market in Santiago... You want sports ponchos?..place to be... This yr I bought my Rider beach bag back pack....last yr Rider poncho Have fun packing and planning...

will get over to do a Tesoro report soon... Have lots of pics so need to see what is the best way to put them up...I just finished my albums on FB..

Yes they say to book your Ala cartes same day..(All rules can be broken at times) Go to the lobby concierge desk and talk to Veronica the lady both my hubby and I have come to love loads...

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mazatlan or Manzanillo

I second that - Miguel, the Tlaloc rep at Tesoro is a super guy - really loves to show off Manzanillo!

I just looked through my old review of Tesoro, and discovered that our room was 954 - can guarantee a spectacular view from that room, though the noise from the shows was pretty loud. We had friends staying in the 400's, in the same building as catnhat, and they absolutely loved it.

I also second the idea of doing the snorkel tour with Pacifico Tours - its absolutely one of our favorite water tours, and we try to do at least one every year. A couple years ago, we did two snorkel tours in the same week - even though they follow the exact same route, we had a great time both times!

canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mazatlan or Manzanillo

Photos mainly of Santiago where we spent a lot of our off resort time.. I could have shown pics of more affluent areas but I just enjoyed being out and about where the locals were ....

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-07fc-fbfe-39c7

I did a review on Tesoro Resort..Not sure if it is up yet... :)

14. Re: Mazatlan or Manzanillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, January 07, 2014
15. Re: Mazatlan or Manzanillo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, January 09, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo