We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing

looking at possibly staying at the Wyndham in March 2014. A couple of questions would help to make a final decision.

1. Do guests at the hotel have access to the marina so they can fish from the docks?

2. Can you snorkel in the lagoon at the hotel?

3. Is selecting a suite with the spa services included worth the extra cost?

4. Are there excursions you can take from the resort or do you have to go across the bay to do them?

5. is there bar service at the pool on the roof?

Timbo

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing

From what we saw, anyone who can grab a patch of water, can fish from wherever. There isn't much in the marina area to catch, (while shore fishing) but you just never know!

You can snorkel pretty much anywhere; from what I've heard, there isn't a whole bunch to see in the lagoon, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing!

The spa there has a pretty good reputation, but whether it's worth it or not is entirely up to you. Most spa services at the larger hotels in Mexico cost about the same as similar services in Canada; you'd only find less expensive services if you were to go off the resort, so if you'd pay the same amount for a room in Canada, then it's worth it. If you'd feel like it's overpriced, then consider going a la carte for the spa services. :)

There IS a road to Isla Navidad, and any tour you take is likely to include transportation or pickup right form your hotel, but whether they'll pick you up at the hotel, or if they'll send someone to help your tour group boat across the bay, I'm not sure - either way, I don't think you'll be left to your own devices to figure it all out for yourself. :)

If it does involve a boat ride, then it's a super short boat ride (like, four minutes or less) and when you get across, you're right in a really nice little section of shops and restaurants.

There'll be bar service at all of the pools, generally between 11:00am and 4:00 or 5:00pm

Edited: 11:21 am, October 15, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing

Thank you so much for the quick response. The hotel looks great and both my wife and I am looking for somewhere quiet and laid back. An excursion or two would be great but a little fishing and snoreling would keep me smiling. We would be looking a the all inclusive option and I hear the food is quite good at the ala cartes.

Thanks again.

3. Re: Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 17, 2014