We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sebastopol, Ca
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

Anyone know of a good boat to use out of Barra? There are 6 of us and we would like to rent one. Sandy

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

Mary Chuy Yacht Charters, contact captain Rafa Flores land line (315) 355-5416, cel 315-109-1924 they have a 33' cruiser and a 42' cruiser set up for fishing. They keep their boats at the co-op in Barra on the lagoon and their office/home are at 85 Avenida Veracruz, Barra de Navidad

Nautimar . Humberto Baltazar nauti_mar@hotmail.com Home/office # (315) 355-5791 celular (315)-109-0016. They have a 33' Sea Ray cruiser and a 42" Chris Craft cruiser both set up for fishing. They also have an office at water sports in the Grand Bay Hotel that you can reach by calling the hotel, but you'll get a better price if you contact Humberto directly. His home/office is 204 Avenida Veracruz, Barra de Navidad and they keep the boats at the Isla Navidad Marina.

I booked charters for both Nautimar and Mary Chuy when I was running my tour company in Barra. Both will give you an excellent day on the water and both are fluent enough in English to communicate effectively.

Edited: 10:23 am, January 29, 2013
Sebastopol, Ca
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

Thank you so much Nan. I will let you know how it goes. Sandy

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

any way to get a hold of Mary Chuy Yacht Charters via email ?

Sebastopol, Ca
Level Contributor
8 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

We had to call them to arrange it. Nan posted the phone numbers above. The are:

(315) 355-5416, cell 044 315-109-1924

They only speak Spanish or at least the people we got. Luckily my son is fluent.

We went out with them and they were great. Thanks, Nan, for this recommendation. 10 minutes out we caught a good size Mahimahi. Then a whale was spotted, but just for a moment. 2 hours later, we hooked a 95 kilo Blue marlin that we brought in. On the way home, there were a couple hundred dolphins. We then asked if we could swim with them and before you knew it, we were all in the water. It was a great day. I would use this company again.

It is a bit pricey but the boat is wonderful, comfortable and shaded. The captain and helpers know what they are doing.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
145 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

This is awesome info...Thanks Nan. Do you happen to know the ballpark cost for 4-6 hrs with the 42'? Unfortunately I don't speak Spanish so was hoping to run into a captain of a boat this size at the marina of the Grand Bay.

6. Re: deep sea fishing out of barra de Navidad.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 10, 2014