We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
895 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

Ok, having settled on Manzanillo for my quick solo getaway, I now am trying to choose between these two places to stay. I'm a mid aged single woman, seasoned traveller. ( I say that so we don't end up just discussing security lol....) Not a partier - I'm like an outgoing introvert.

Grand Bay sounds like the smaller, more secluded, more laid back of the two? But there isn't a beach where you can also swim?

Karmina Palace is bigger and busier? Lots of families maybe? Im just guessing....

Its also so hard to get a sense of the location of these places, and what a good location is, when you are looking online....

any and all comments about this would help and are appreciated.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

Thankyou.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

We stayed at Grand Bay and loved it! Food and service were the best ever. The pools were nice and they had 2 hottubs. There is also a pool on the 10th floor which seems to be rarely used and has a hot tub as well. Unfortunately the snorkelling sucks in the lagoon. Not much to see but we found a place called quastecomate which is a short cab ride from Barra which is great for snorkelling and has a bunch of restaurants right on the beach.We gave the cab driver $20.00 and he waited for 2 hours for us as we swam the reef then drove us back. Cheapest excursion ever and he was a happy camper as well. He only asked for $15.00! They take Canadian dollars.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
13,211 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

Cuastacomate. :)

Thanks for the report! Nice to hear that about the hotel, it looks so nice.

How was the main beach in Barra? When we were there, prior to the bad hurricane that hit a year or two ago, it was a nice beach on the open ocean side but quite steep, and not great for swimming.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
68 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

Thats about right. It looked like there is construction going on at a few spots but still a lot of damage and yes the beach is very steep and wavy probably not good for swimming.

15. Re: Karmina Palace or Grand bay..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 20, 2014