We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transat flight change : (

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Transat flight change : (

The January 22 direct flight from Winnipeg to Manzanillo has been changed. We now have a stop over in Saskatoon. There and back. It'll add another 2 1/2 hours to our flight. oh well - 54 more sleeps!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
502 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transat flight change : (

We're in the same boat for January 1st. Hate it because I booked direct flight because we have kids. Has your travel agent told you yet? I found out by looking on their website, no word from them yet.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transat flight change : (

My TA e-mailed yesterday. She said Transat actually cancelled one of the flights and may not offer Manzanillo out of Winnipeg next year because the sales were so slow this year. I think Transat didn't account for West Jet flying direct this year.

I do wonder though - how can they cancel a flight after it has been paid for? I had to have my money in 60 days before departure date...... It would be too late to make other arrangements now.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
675 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transat flight change : (

oh they can do it happened to us with sunquest one year you get a full refund and a 100 voucher but thats about it .

Im curious where do u see west jet flying direct or do u mean direct with a stop in Calgary ?

Edited: 12:51 pm, November 30, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transat flight change : (

but is WestJet flying direct from Wpg to Manzanillo? it shows as a Calgary stop and the flight ends up being 10hrs. i hope all the direct flights dont change frm wpg or worse yet cancelled? thats usually the reason why ppl book to specific destinations. and why wouldnt everyone want to go to manzanillo, best place ever sheesh!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Manzanillo, Saskatoon
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transat flight change : (

The WestJet hub for Manzanillo is Calgary, but in most cases, they're next-day flights; you'd leave Winnipeg or Saskatoon or wherever, the night before, get to Calgary, overnight there, and then get on a direct flight to Manzanillo the next morning.

That's likely what we'll do next year, if Westjet continues to offer those flights. I'd far rather overnight in Calgary than LA, and not have to clear US customs and airport security in a big US city.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transat flight change : (

Just called today because two of our kids had their flights (zlo-yxe) changed from Jan 2nd to Jan 1st. The agent said our flight has changed to the 1st too. The flight on the 2nd was apparently cancelled. I feel bad for the kids who don't get there until the 26th - cuts a day of their short stay. Oh well, some sun is better than none.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transat flight change : (

ChellyBelle - Your right, I stand corrected. If your renting a condo it is definately the way to go. The overnight in Calgary lands early enough, that you can check out the town a little before bed. then hop on a plane next morning.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transat flight change : (

Calgary is a pretty great layover city; there are lots of really excellent hotels near the airport, so pricing is pretty competitive. Lots of shopping near the airport, no PST, so if your suitcases aren't bulging with duty free booze on the way home, you can stuff them full of PST free electronics. :)

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
846 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transat flight change : (

LOL - where's the like button when you need one?

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transat flight change : (

Holy cow, SunFishSeeker - that's terrible!

Wait - did they book flights and accomodations separately, or did they book a tour through, like, Transat or something? Because if it's a tour, I'd sure hope that they're issuing refunds or credits or something.

Otherwise, if Transat has gotten to the point where they're totally okay with just shortening people's vacations without offering compensation or the option of a full refund, that's uncool.

Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo